Four

Cesar's POV:
I knock on Monse's window and she smiles when she sees me. "Hey, I was about to call you." She grabs my shirt and kisses me. "At least let me get inside first." I laugh. "Sorry." She smiles and I climb in. "Don't apologize for kissing me." I put my hands on her hips. "What?" Monse narrows her eyes. "I didn't say anything." I say. "You're thinking about something though." She puts her hands on my chest. "I just can't stop thinking about how bad ass you are." I laugh. After I found out why Monse's back it's like an added bonus. She's still the girl I love and she fits in with my new life. "What do you mean?" She asks and I shake my head. "We gotta go in an hour. Right now, I don't wanna talk." I say. "Go where?" She asks. I kiss her slowly and I can tell I'm driving her crazy. "You know I love when you kiss me like that but if we don't have a whole lotta time, kiss me... like really kiss me." She laughs. "Yeah?" I smile. Monse puts her hands on the back of my neck and pulls me back in. We fall onto her bed and Monse takes off her shirt. "You're really trying to make up for lost time." I say against her lips. "I didn't remember how much I missed doing... things with you." She smiles. "Ok so let's never stop doing things again." I mock her. "Never." Monse kisses me again.
********************
I'm holding Monse and I can't stop thinking about Bubblez laying with me in my bed a few hours ago. "We should probably go." I tell Monse. "You wanna tell me where we're going yet?" She asks. "The Joint." I smile. "Wait seriously?" Monse sits up and pulls her blanket over herself. "Yeah." I nod. "You guys were just screaming at each other!" She reminds me. "I know." I nod. "Jamal and Bubblez?" She says but I know it's a question. "They dated for a year. One day I was hanging out with her at Ruby's place and things just happened. Ruby covered for us for three months. They were still best friends but I fucked that up too." I explain. "Three months... and now you're cheating after you dated for how long?" She asks. "Four months." I say awkwardly. "Cesar." Monse runs her hands over her face. "You were gone-" She stops me. "You guys started a month before I was gone." Monse says. "What happened to just sex?" I ask her. "So you can be possessive but I can't get jealous?" She asks. "No, that's not what I'm saying!" I laugh and I pull her on top of me. "I like when you get jealous but it's day two and just sex is turning into something else... not that I'm complaining." I kiss her. "I'm just still getting used to this." Monse says. "I know. We can take it slow 'cause I know if you ever get a boyfriend I might lose my shit." I agree. "We should probably go now." Monse tells me. "If we can only be together inside then this is where I wanna stay." I say but I know she's gonna convince me to get up.
"So how'd you manage to fix everything in less than a day?" She asks while we sit across the street from the joint. "Jasmine talked to us last night and you were right. We wanna work it out for you." I tell her while we cross the street. We walk in and I can see when she realizes what's happening. "You know." Monse pushes me back. "Know what?" I ask. "Who found out? Did my dad tell you guys?" Monse asks us. "If you would've just told us we would've been here for you when you got out." Ruby tells her. "We're not good with each other but we got you, Monse." I say. "It was you." She looks straight at Jasmine. "I just wanted to help." She tells Monse. "Why didn't you tell us?" Jamal asks. "Why did you think it was ok to come at me after you fought at my place last night? You didn't care what I wanted last night." She snaps at him. "Sit." Ruby tells her and Monse rolls her eyes. "You could've told us you got kicked out." I hold her hand under the table. "When I left, I was a different person. I didn't want you just thinking I changed." She explains. "Monse, we all changed." Jasmine says. "I'm a football player." Jamal laughs. "We chilled out like twenty degrees." Ruby says. "Gang leader." I try not to laugh but we all burst out laughing. "I went to juvie." Monse says between laughs and we all start laughing even harder. "We all have our own problems. I don't know what you were going through when it happened but we're here for you." Jamal tells her. "My roommate's best friend... she said somethings after Cesar left our room. I ended up losing my shit and long story short I spent three months in juvie for assault." She sucks her lips. "Raise your hand if you ever wanted to jump a rich ass hole who said something about Freeridge." Jasmine says and we all raise our hands. "Raise your hand if you did something about it." I say and Monse raises her hand awkwardly. "There's no judgement. If you need us for anything we got your back." Ruby assures her. "I wish you guys had each other's backs. Why can you get along for me?" She asks. "You're the glue." Jasmine shrugs. "So you guys really don't care?" Monse asks. "No." We all say at the same time. "This is what you meant when you said I was a bad ass." She whispers while everyone else talks. "Maybe." I smile. "You're into me beating up people for you?" Monse asks. "So is that a yes?" Jamal asks and they're all staring at us. "Sorry, I was distracting her." I tell them. "Somethings really haven't changed." Ruby says and Jasmine elbows him. "Beach tomorrow." Jasmine clarifies. "Sounds good." I nod.