Five

Cesar's POV:
I pull up to the beach and everyone's already there. "Hey." I sit down next to Monse. "Finally! Can you please settle something for us?" Jasmine asks. "Oh my God." Jamal shakes his head. "Who was the most annoying freshman year?" She asks. "Well Jamal found the money, Ruby took a bullet for me and you helped him through it, and Monse was... Monse, so me." I tell Jasmine and Monse smacks my arm. "We're never gonna agree." Jamal shakes his head. "So that's one vote for Jamal, two for Cesar, two for Jasmine... and one for me." Monse glares at Jamal. "Proving I was the least annoying which is all that matters." Ruby laughs. "Can I change my answer?" Monse asks. "No!" They all say at the same time. "Still can't believe you voted for me." Jamal tells Ruby. "You dated a gnome!" Ruby reminds everyone. "What I did in the privacy of my own bedroom is none of your business." Jamal laughs. "Ok but we voted for ourselves so, technically, we didn't annoy you guys that much." Jasmine says and we fist bump.
"Hey, we're gonna take a walk." I tell the crew and I pull Monse with me. "A walk?" Monse furrows her brow. "What, I can't wanna be alone with you?" I nudge her with my elbow. "The only reason they're talking to each other is 'cause of what I did. I don't want things to get fucked up." Monse explains. "I think the problem was me so they be ok without you for a few minutes." I say. "So let me guess, I was the most annoying?" I try to change the subject. "You cheated on me... twice." Monse tells me and this new conversation isn't any better. "Right and you kissed my brother! I should probably go back and change my answer." I laugh and turn around. "No, I can't be tied with Jasmine! We literally used to run from her." Monse grabs my hand. "Careful, you don't wanna catch feelings." I mock her when she keeps holding my hand. "Do you ever get annoyed with that?" Monse glares at someone. "With what?" I ask. "People looking at you like that." She points at a lady who's obviously uncomfortable with me being here. "No I usually just feel bad. Imagine being that stupid that someone with a couple tattoos threatens you." I squeeze her hand. "She's lucky I'm on parole." Monse shakes her head. "Ma'am, she's the one you should be scared of." I turn back to the staring lady and she freezes. "You know if the Santos were more like you we wouldn't be having problems with nineteenth street." I laugh and we keep walking. "I thought you guys were good." Monse says. "We were but everything can change in a second. I don't think Freeridge will ever be stable I explain. "Are things getting bad?" She asks. "They're making what we went through with the Prophets look like easy." I say.
We end up walking far enough that we get to an empty part of the beach. "I don't think we're supposed to be here. We should just go." Monse points out. "Or we can have some fun." I smirk, pick her up, and bring her in the water. "Beach sex?" She laughs. "Woah, I wasn't even thinking about sex." I laugh. Monse slides her hand to the back of my neck and kisses me. "Maybe I was." She leans her forehead on mine. "Yeah?" I smile and Monse kisses me again. I hold her up with one hand and start to untie her bathing suit with the other. "You changed a lot but you're still impatient." She laughs. "I just don't wanna get-" Someone cuts me off. "This is private property!" They scream. "We can finish this later." Monse whispers and she ties her bathing suit again. "And that's why I was in a rush." We swim back to the sand. "You're lucky I didn't call the police." The man crosses his arms and Monse's eyes get wide. "Is that a threat?" I step closer to him. "Go before you're dragged to the police station." He waves us off. "Do that again and I'll-" Monse pulls me back. "Cesar, if he calls the cops I'm screwed." She whispers. "We're leaving." I tell him and we walk back to the crew.

Jamal's POV:
I walk over to the snack bar and a girl runs up to me. "Can you pretend to be my boyfriend for five seconds? This perv keeps following me and he won't leave me alone." She says quickly. "Hey, I was wondering where you went?" The perv smiles at her. "Sorry, me and my boyfriend were just about to go." She says with a condescending smile. "Didn't realize you had someone... cute couple." He nods awkwardly and walks away. "Thank you for saving me. I'm Alísa by the way." She says when he's far enough away. "Jamal and no problem. Just so you know, not all guys are creeps who follow girls around when they're alone." I laugh. "Good to know." Alísa smiles. "Hey Jamal you ready to go?" Monse asks from the towels. "Yeah, just give me a second." I tell her. "It was nice being your boyfriend. I'll see you around." I smile. "Doubt it, I'm not from around here." She shrugs. "Me neither. Freeridge." I say. "No way! I live in Compton but my little brother goes to the Ridge." Alísa tells me. "Wait... little brother? How old are you?" And now I sound like a jack ass. "Just asking 'cause I go there too." I say quickly. "I'm twenty-one." She says. "Eighteen." I say. "Well at least I found out now." She smiles. "Why?" I laugh. "I don't know. I guess I was starting to think you were kinda cute." She shrugs and walks away. "Who was that?" Monse smirks when I go back to the crew. "Just a girl. Some guy was hitting on her so I was just helping her out." I explain. "She's cute." Jasmine nudges me. "And a whole ass adult." Cesar says and we all look confused. "That's AJ's sister. They've been hanging out with the Santos for a while." He explains. "And once again another girl I might have a thing for is tied up with the Santos... amazing." I laugh.
Monse's POV:
We all walk back to our cars but I hold Cesar back. "So I was thinking and I had and idea. You should set Jamal up with that girl." I suggest. "No." He smiles and shakes his head. "Why not?" I cross my arms. "She's twenty-one!" Cesar says with a straight face. "And? Jamal's mature, smart, and you owe him after you stole his last girlfriend." I remind him. "He still has some kinda feelings for Bubblez." He explains. "But I think Jamal's ready to move on and it could be with her." I say. "I'll get them in the same place but after that, it's up to him." Cesar kisses me. "Thank you." I kiss him back. "So when do you wanna finish what we started earlier?" He smiles and I pull Cesar to his car.