▪︎9 - there's just no competing with young love

▪︎

Argent pulled up to the alley and him Isaac, Scott and Samara all hopped out. Isaac threw a glance at the body bag the Jackson was in. "I think he stopped moving."

"Where's Derek?" The alleyway was empty, nothing but the bitter night air occupied it. Just then, Samara heard footsteps. Judging by the look on his face, Scott had heard it too. The sound grew closer and soon he was there, Derek ran on all fours toward the group, stopping just short of them. His eyes glowing a bright ruby colour. "I'm here for Jackson. Not you." The man spoke to the alpha that he had grown to hate.

"Somehow I don't find that very comforting." A ghost of a smile found it's way onto Chris's face. "Get him inside." Derek nodded to Scott and him and Isaac grabbed jackson from the back seat of Argent's car. Samara stood awkwardly, watching as the two gave eachother careful glares. The boys brought the bodybag inside the old abandoned warehouse.

"Where are they?" Scott glanced to Derek as he awaited his answer.

"Who?" That wasn't the answer he was looking for.

"Peter an Lydia." Derek glanced at Scott, not answering his question and reached down to unzip the bag. "Okay, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him."

"We're past that." Samara shot him a glare, he would have it so much easier if Scott trusted him, he knew that, but he constantly goes against him.

"What about-" Scott began but quickly got cut off by Derek.

"Think about it Scott. Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so he could get even bigger, and more powerful."

"No. No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid. And my father would never let a rabid dog live." Chris interrupts, still not wanting to believe what his father was capable of, be he should know more than anyone just how devious Gerard Argent could be.

"Of course not. Anything that dangerous, that out of control... is better off dead." Gerard stood in the corner of the warehouse, his frame casting a long shadow along the ground. Derek wastes no time in making his move, he lifts his hand, ready to slash Jacksons throat. But instead of Jackson's throat being slashed, his eyes shoot open and he digs his sharp claws into the alpha's chest.

Argent aims his gun at the boy who had just risen from the dead as he lifts Derek into the air, claws still in his chest. The boy throws the man to the ground.

"Well done to the last, Scott. Like the concerned friend you are, you brought jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realise that you were also bringing Derek to me." The man stalks closer to Scott. The sound of an arrow whirs through the air and Scott ducks just in time, Isaac doesn't. The arrow hitting him in the shoulder. The boy falls back in pain and Samara catches a glimpse of the shooter, although she already had a feeling who it was.