Chapter 1

There's a wide smile on his face as he makes his way into class, laughing quietly at something Jimin had said beside him. I watch as he pushes away the dark strands of hair that were obscuring his eyes. We make eye contact and his smile slowly disappears into a frown as he walks to his chair.

"How do you always look so hot?" I ask as I stare at his side profile. Being this close I could see the few beauty marks that littered his face along with his dark lashes which graze the skin under his eye when he blinks. "You literally ask me that everyday," he rolls his eyes as he leans down to pull his notebook out from his bag. He carefully places it on the desk along with his pen. My eyes focus on his large hands as he opens the page. I'd always had a thing for Yoongi's hands.

Yoongi was, what I would describe as the love of my life. It started out as just a small crush when he first transferred to our school some years ago, but since then, it had slowly morphed into something more like love. We were quite similar in many ways, we were both naturally introverted and top of the class in almost every subject. The main difference however, is that Yoongi is popular, star of the schools basketball team and loved by everyone. I however, was none of those things.

The lesson begins and it went like every lesson sat beside Yoongi. I try shuffling closer to him, hoping for our arms to touch as we write but like usual he sighs heavily and moves further away. I pout at his attempts to avoid me but nevertheless I try again, in hopes one day he'll feel the same way back. The lesson finally ends and he quickly packs up his things, leaving the classroom before I get a chance to talk to him.

"Hey Yoongi, wait up!" I shout as I run through the corridors after him. He disappears into the sea of faces but it's not long before I see the top of his head exiting the main school doors. I push past the other students with urgency as I receive a few dirty looks and shouts in return. He simply glares at me once I finally reach him. "Let's hang out," I say taking a deep breath between each word. I really needed to start working out. Yoongi doesn't stop walking nor does he even give me a second glance before muttering a low "I'm busy."

I notice his friends waiting for him by the school gates as they usually did after school. To be completely honest, I hated Yoongi's friends. Most of them were also in the basketball team, some of them on the football team instead. However all of them had taken it upon themselves to constantly make fun of me for following Yoongi around - which I don't even do. "Is she still stalking you?" Jimin laughs patting Yoongi's back. The others all laugh along with him as they stare at me with hardened gazes.

"Just leave Emika," Yoongi mutters as he walks away with his friends following him, still laughing at me now awkwardly stood all alone. I let out a sigh feeling the embarrassment in my cheeks as others who had witnessed the whole scene walk past me, whispering to each other.

"You really need to stop doing this," I hear Jungkook say from behind me. Happy to hear a friendly voice I turn with a smile to face my best friend. He'd been my best friend and only friend for as long as I can remember. Jungkook had plenty of other friends but for some reason, he had always stuck by my side.

"I know, you tell me that everyday," I pout walking beside Jungkook as we leave the school gates. Jungkook laughs at me and ruffles my hair, "you're cute," he states before flattening my hair down again after I glare at him. Jungkook was a year older than me so he often treated me like a younger sister. Due to the age difference we had no lessons together so instead we made sure to meet up at lunch and after school as often as possible.

"Should we go get ice cream?" Jungkook suggests, eyes focused on the small ice cream shop on the other side of the road. Spring had made way for summer and the sun that shone down on the city was accompanied by an unbearable heat. "Sure," I reply with a careless shrug, already crossing the road. As we enter the small shop, I'm instantly hit by a cool breeze from the air conditioning. The shop was busy with students, being a popular place for friends and couples to hang out after school.