Chapter VII

Chapter VII

Melancholic Dream

I opened my eyes and I realize that I am standing outside a two-storey house. The design was fine but it looks like an old-fashioned house. I looked around and everything is new to me. There are some trees around the house and flowers are blooming beautifully on the corner. The world look so peaceful and quite.

I can't see any house except to this two-storey in front of me. While wondering why I am here, there was a lady in a yellow dress that came out while holding flowers. Her hair is long and black. She has dark eyes, narrowed nose, and plump lips. Her skin is olive and it shined beautifully as the sun landed on her. My eyes widened when I recognized her.

"Do you think she will come here today?" She asked and a tall man appeared behind her back. His soft face resembles to my Dad's. I stepped forward but it seems like I was not existing to themㅡthey can't see me.

"Today is Friday and she will surely go to visit us," the man who looks like my Dad said, "She usually visit us every Friday..."

No. They are not just look like my parents. They are actually my parents! I am really sure that they are my parents. I know... but why am I seeing this kind of thing? Why am I here?

Am I having a dream again?

"Then, we must prepare her favorite food. I am sure she will stay here for a night." Mom said while touching the flowers.

"Mom..." I called her. My heart sank in sadness when I realize that she will not be able to see me. I do not exist. But when she looked at me with a huge smile on her lips, my eyes widened in surprised. Did she finally see me?

"Rafaela!" She ran towards me... passing me. It was not me that made her smileㅡshe did not see me. I turned around and my eyes followed her. She hugged the woman who was standing behind me. The woman was wearing a pure white dress and her skin is like a cloudㅡpure and soft. But what made me tremble is when I saw the thing behind her back. Wings.

"You always miss me, Jen." The woman whose name is Rafaela said while smiling. Her voice was so soft that it is so impossible for a human.

"It is good to see you again, Rafaela." My Dad told her.

"Me too," Rafaela said, "And I came here today to share some good news."

"What is that?" Mom asked.

"The angels loved the flowers you gave and..."

"And?" Mom.

"And I am pregnant." Rafaela smiled like the words that came from her mouth were very important. Mom gasped and almost jumped in happiness as she asked Rafaela if what she said was true. Rafaela assured her.

"You and your husband must be celebrating right now. Congratulations." My father tapped her shoulders.

I don't understand this. Why are they having a conversation with... an angel? I had no idea about this. They did not tell me anything.

I looked at the other side and the next scenario appeared. It is like I am watching an old movie. Rafaela's womb is big and she really is an angel. She visits my parents every Friday and she is really close to them.

I looked at the other side and another scenario appeared in front of me. The scenario that I never dreamed of. The sky was getting dark and my parents are in the living room. Rafaela's with them. But she does not look fine. She looks pale and weak. In her arms, there is a baby she is holding.

"Please take care of her..." she weakly said.

"No, don't say that. You are going to take care of her and watch her grow. Don't say anything, Rafaela." Mom was crying.

"You know how much I want to be with her side. I want to watch her grow. Everything. I want to be a good mother to my little girl." She is in pain and it is getting hard for her to speak. My Mom sat beside her and hugged her, crying. My heart broke. I don't know... it hurts seeing the strange angel crying.

"You are not going anywhere, Rafaela." Mom said and her tears will not stop from rushing down her cheeks.

"I am begging youㅡI will die sooner." Her words stabbed my chest. The words, the voice, the painㅡthey are all the same. Was it Rafaela's voice that I heard before a strange thing appeared behind my back?

"No..." Mom sobbed.

"I will die sooner and she has to live," Rafaela says, "Raise her and love her with all your heart. She is special. You have to take care of her and never let anyone harm her..." she gave the child to my mother. Father was standing in the corner and holding back his tears.

"Rafaela... please..." Mom cried when Rafaela coughed out blood.

"The demons poisoned me and there is no cure for it. I will die, Jen... and you have to take care of my little girl. She has a mission to fulfill when she grow up..."

"Rafaela..."

"Leave this place and start a new life. Forget everything about me." She said in a weak tone. "Please take care of her..."

My Mom wiped her tears, "What should I call her?"

"Hinaya..." she tried to touch the child's little cheek but she could not do it. She is too weak. "I have always wanted to name my child as Hinaya."

Hinaya... is my name after all.