3

That doesn't really make sense. Didn't we meet in middle school? I definitely know she exists..

"Admiring your new girlfriend I see?" Eren rips me from my thoughts, making me realize I had been staring at (F/n) while she was receiving her Wings of Freedom brooch and jacket during her portion of orientation.

"She's not my girlfriend. We only just started to talk."

"So you're already in the talking stage?"

I sigh and choose to ignore him.

I know you're just teasing, but this is getting old.

I realize something I had missed during my chat with (F/n) at lunch.

-

"So what's your number so we can meet up at the get-together?" Mikasa asked, pulling her phone out.

(F/n) glances at me. "Oh, uh, my phone's getting fixed right now so I just have this backup. I really only use dms to talk to people."

"So what's your Twitter?"

-

That's right, it can't be her. YL and I have been texting all day.

My brows furrow in frustration.

"Thank you, recruits, for choosing the Scouting Legion!" Erwin concludes, "I hope you're as satisfied as I am happy to see such determined students wanting to lead this school to the top. Have a wonderful evening and I'll see you all bright and early at seven tomorrow!"

"Jesus, seven?" Eren complains. "I knew we'd be here earlier everyday but an entire half hour?"

"That's not really that bad. Ymir and Krista say that the band gets here at 6," I point out, secretly also wishing that it'd be only the extra fifteen minutes.

"Well, we're not the band."

"No, we're the Scouts. Get used to it," Mikasa pipes up, fixing the brooch on Eren's jacket. "Besides, you're the one who wanted to be a Scout so bad."

Eren huffs and slaps his adopted-sister's hand away, causing her to pull away and wince. The brooch and its cover fall to the ground.

She probably got poked, I think, taking her hand to inspect for injury.

"I'm not your little brother or your kid. Nobody asked for your input."

"Hey, there's no need to be a dick," (F/n) butts in, walking up.

Eren's face goes soft as he realizes Mikasa had gotten poked and was bleeding slightly. 

"Y-yeah, you're right. I'll go get a tissue or something," he says, scratching his nape and walking away, avoiding our gazes.

We watch him walk off until Mikasa pulls her hand away. I turn to look at her and give a small start.

She looks.. sad.

"Hey, are you alright?" (F/n) asks softly before I can, taking a hold of her shoulder and coming in close. In response, the raven-haired girl does nothing except look to her feet and give a small shrug, barely noticeable.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Mikasa looks up past (F/n). I follow her gaze and realize Eren's coming back with supplies in his hands.

"I'll dm you later," she answers monotonously, putting on her usual stoic expression and holding her hand out.

"I'm really sorry, Mikasa, I didn't mean to poke you," Eren says worriedly, taking her hand to clean the wound.