9

TW: mild verbal abuse, implications of physical abuse
CW: hospital visit due to immediate health concerns

~

She stood there, shocked, not knowing what to say.

Would she lie?

Would she be truthful?

She knew she wouldn't be able to come up with a lie that'd actually be believable, but she couldn't make the truth seem inoffensive since she had previously lied about her phone being in the shop.

So she ran, causing the blonde to run and yell after her to no avail. She just ran and ran, not looking back until she had arrived at a familiar place, unknowing of the fact that the boy she liked so much quickly fell behind and gave up after about a block.

-

"And that's pretty much the whole shebang," I wrap up tiredly, Sasha stuffing her mouth with chips. She drinks water to hurry her chewing so she could speak.

"Well, that sure isn't a good situation," she says nonchalantly, though the expression of her face was telling me she was feeling sympathetic.

"Yeah, no shit," I snap, "Exactly why did you give me his number instead of yours again?"

She scoffs, mildly offended.

"Well, I'm sorry I tried to be funny!" She puts on a fake smile and puts her finger to her cheek, "'Hi, let me talk about the love of my life! Oh, you are the love of my life? Whoopsie me!'" She then puts her finger to her temple.

"It's not my fault you dug yourself in this deep. You could've stopped interacting at any moment, or just not lied about literally anything. But this situation is not on me."

What she said made me angry, but she's right. This is all my fault. My own actions caused this.

In realization, I lay my head down as hot tears trail down my face, small sobs making their way from my throat.

He hates me.

He hates me.

"He hates me," I whisper.

I hear Sasha shuffle to her feet, coming to comfort me.

"He doesn't h—"

I stand before she could wrap her arms around me.

Don't touch me, it's okay.

"(F/n)?"

It's alright, I'm gonna leave now.

"Hey, where are you going?"

But I wasn't going to speak. I don't even know myself. It's like my legs are moving on their own. But I know I can trust them. They'll let me escape.

"Call me when you get home," Sasha calls. I look back, realizing I was already on the edge of the property. She looks concerned, but I can't help but feel nothing.

It's my fault she's concerned, so why can't I feel anything back?

I turn back around, tears flowing faster despite not feeling sad. I'm not sad, I'm not angry. 

What is this?

-

It's been a while now. I look up, noticing how dark it's gotten. I check the time on my phone.

8:36.

There seems to be quite a few missed calls too. Some from Sasha, a couple from Armin. Those both make sense. I was supposed be to be home after about ten minutes when I left Sasha's place. And it makes sense Armin would be worried, despite my lies. He's just caring like that.