RIMPAC

The hall at the charity ball were packed by VIP and top military officials. Mike and his family were already seated at their table when a young woman in a red ball gown walked up to their table. She smiled nervously at Mike and Claudia. "Admiral Slattery..." She looked at the name plate at her seat. "I see someone had a sense of humor and seated mw at your table. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself. I'm lieutenant Sharon O'Riley."

"You must be fairly new Lieutenant. Pleased to meet you. This here is my partner, Claudia and my daughter Lieutenant Julia Slattery and her husband Lieutenant Connor Levine."

She took a seat and looked at Julia who had her focus on another Lieutenant who was talking to Tom Chandler." They seemed to have known each other for quite a while as Tom kept smiling at her and showing interest in her in a relaxed manner. "Who's the woman with POTUS?" Julia asked inquisitively.

Mike turned his head to look and shook his head. "No idea."

Tom then took her by her hand. "May I have this dance?"

"Of course," she replied with a beaming smile.

"Is it just me or are those two more than friends?" Julia asked confused

RIMPAC - HONOLULU, HAWAII

Connor was about to enter the ice rink dressed in ice-skates and a helmet carrying an ice-hockey stick and looked at Julia unimpressed. "I look rediculous. Seriously? Ice hockey? Who's brilliant idea was this?"

Julia chuckled and patted him on his shoulders. "Relax honey. You look smashing. Besides. We cannot beat the Canadians in everything. We have to give them a fair chance too."

Connor looked at Lucas and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Hold thumbs for daddy, okay?"

"Of course we will," Julia replied as she watched Connor and his team mates unsteadily skate onto the ice rink. Followed by the Canadians.

Julia was seated on the spectator stand with the other spectators watching the game. Connor was snaking his way to the goal post and was about to hit the peg into the post when one of the Canadians wooshed past him and hit the peg back onto the rink. The commentators voice echoed over the loudspeakers. "And that is another goal lost for Levine thanks to Garnier. This brings Canada in the lead with 2 goals to 0 against the United States."

At that moment Garnier skated past Connor. "Hey, Levine. Don't you Americans know what ice looks like?" he remarked.

"Hey watch it moose face. My wife is from Canada South."

Garnier looked at Connor confused."Canada South?"

"Chicago. We know what ice looks like."

After badly losing to the Canadians Connor met Julia at the back of the rink. He was holding his son and talking to her when Garnier walked past him and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Nice meeting you Levine. We're still going to battle it out at sea. See who's ships and navy does it best."