Chapter 15

In the morning I invited Katy to have breakfast with me before we left to the venue. I wanted to know every single detail about her night out with Phil. We sat by the table, both of us, not eating just messing around with the eggs in our plates.

"What's wrong, why aren't you eating? Was is that bad?" I asked her as she was making me nervous.

"It was great. I think I like him." She said. I couldn't do anything but smile. I was happy she was finally letting go of Danny.

"That's a good thing! Did anything happened?"

"No, we just went out just the two of us but there is an obvious connection."

"Humm...seems like we're going to have an affair or more." I shot her a grin.

"How was your night?" She asked me referring to my night out with James. I sighed and the grin faded away. Suddenly, as memories of my night with him became fresh, I stopped smiling and my face became rather serious. "What's wrong Ade?" She asked.

"Nothing's wrong. We had a good time." I explained.

"Then why that serious look on your face? I know you..."

"I don't know..." I relieved. "I just don't know. I like to be with him, but I just don't know if it's a good idea. I like what I see when I look at him, it's hard for me to stray from what happened in London, it keeps popping up in my mind, like I want to do it again. Not in the same crazy and adventurous way. I don't know if I would resist if he tried, honestly. And when he smiles...oh man..." Katy just shot me a huge smile. "Why are you smiling that way?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Nothing, just nothing, we'll come back to this subject later. When you're ready."

"Ready for what?" I asked her curious. Katy got up and grabbed her purse.

"We're running late, we better go." She said. I looked at the watch in my wrist and followed her, no doubt we were running late to prepare that night's show.

The usual and same stuff at the venue. Katy left me doing almost everything as she got distracted by Phil's presence. She was falling for him only she didn't have a clue or didn't want to admit it, but all of us around could feel the chemistry between them and I didn't understand shit about love. What did I know, I had never been in love, but I could notice it in other people. I longed to feel the same way. It never happened. The guys joined us after lunch for our usual rehearse pre show. I noticed James a bit sad and even looking tired. He was especially silent, mumbling just a shy hello when he saw me that day, then it was all about work until we were all finally settled.

"What's up with him?" I asked Lars when we were all leaving to the backstage to relax until show time.

"I don't know. He's been like that since we left the hotel."

"Probably personal problems." I mumbled. Lars looked at me surprised aware that I knew what was happening with him. James walked inside his private room and closed the door behind him.

"Maybe you could talk to him." Lars suggested. We stopped in front of James's room talking, I wasn't feeling sure if I should interrupt his moment alone. Maybe he just wanted to be left alone.

"I don't think I should." I told him.

"I think you should Ade. I've seen the two of you almost getting at it and now I see the two of you being really close. I know you know what's happening in his personal life, that means in some way that he trusts you. Go talk to him." Lars words made a little sense to me and seeing James that down was bothering me for a clueless reason. At least for me. I nodded at him and knocked softly at his door. Lars left right away, and Connie gave a sympathetic smile.