Chapter 1

Strumming his slender fingers on the steering wheel, Hoseok hummed along to Elvis Presley on the radio. "Quit it won't ya! You gonna break this old hunk of junk anyway." Yoongi grunted gruffly in the backseat, lighting a cigarette. "You're calling Hoseok's Night Fury an old hunk of junk? Cruisin' for a bruisin' I'll tell ya!" Taehyung exasperatedly yelled over the music, hanging his arm out the window of the beaten up car. "Night Fury, my ass." Seokjin chuckled, adjusting the leather jacket he sported.

"We're heading over to Mel's Diner, you bash ears!" Hoseok yelled again, turning up the music as he sped through town, passing large buildings. A woman cursed at him for almost hitting her and all he did was let out a guttural laugh.

Taking a seat at the table with the other girls, you eagerly took a large gulp of your strawberry and vanilla milkshake. Jennie curiously peered down at you with a judgmental expression settling on her face. "We gotta get you looking all foxy. You look plain, YN." Your face reddened at her blunt words and you looked down at your soft pink poodle skirt. Were you dressed too juvenile? Too pretty at a night out at the diner. All the other girls had on much tighter clothes and it made you suddenly feel like you were the odd one out. "I think YN looks cute! She has a natural charm you know!" Joy giggled enthusiastically, doing a bunch of crazy hand motions that almost made your head spin. She sure had positive energy and knew how to make you feel better.

You were new in town and didn't know your way around. Starting Monday, you'd be attending a brand new school. Joy was your cousin and they invited you to come to the football game tonight at their school so you were at least a little familiar with some faces when you went to school on Monday. You were always somewhat shy and got flustered easily. You hated any type of attention or when the spotlight was on you. Most of the time you were just deemed as innocent or gullible. You were often left out of conversations, so you turned to books and became introverted to the point where your mother began to worry.

You continued to sip away from the straw in the half empty glass of strawberry milkshake. It was cold around your hands, almost numbing but you could hardly tell with how lost in thought you were at the moment. You devoured the cherry a while ago which ended with Sana laughing at your antics. The group of girls at your table all rambled on and you silently took in your surroundings. The waitresses glided around the full booths on their rollerblades with plenty of Coca Cola and salted greasy fries to go around. "Look who's here!" Joy whispered yelled (a bit too loudly.) causing you to snap your head in the direction she pointed.

"Namjoon's little T-Birds gang." Jennie rolled her eyes practically, and you were surprised at her action. Suddenly, you felt your heart stop. You squinted, unconsciously leaning over the table a bit. You couldn't help but stare at the broad shouldered boy with the black slicked back hair and toothy grin. He looked so familiar yet so different. Wait! Was that.. Seokjin? Your Seokjin? It couldn't be.. could it? Sana nudged you curiously with a look that said 'Do you know one of them?' You shrugged awkwardly and blushed profusely when he suddenly caught you staring at him.

The group of guys approached your table and Jennie greeted them with a short and curt nod. You could already tell she wasn't fond of them. At all for that matter. "Look at that broad!" Jungkook eyes were blown out and he was already approaching the stunning waitress, simply doing her job and cleaning the tables. Taehyung rolled his eyes at his best friend's actions but gave him a supportive thumbs up anyway. Namjoon narrowed his eyes at Seokjin, sensing something was up. Namjoon always was pretty observant, after all he was the leader and most knowledgeable member in the gang. Even though he stole money, played girls and drank, Namjoon did have pride in his grades. Seokjin admired him for being so well-rounded even though he was labeled as a "delinquent" by the fuzz.

Seokjin felt his heart thump against his rib cage and he was sure he could feel his pulse intensely if he put his hand to his neck. Damn, it felt like he ran a mile even though they drove to the diner in Hoseok's shitty heap of a car. Jimin grinned at the girls at the table and his strides were long and purposeful. "I don't think we've met before, darling." The boys eyes were small crescents and you almost would've been intimidated but his smile seemed genuine. You felt your cheeks heat up as he checked you out shamelessly. "Knock it off, you Greaser!" Joy snarled, acting very out of character in your opinion. "What a feisty little thing, huh?" Hoseok eyes darkened with interest as he attempted to slick the one stubborn strand back out of his face. Joy's eyes widened at his remark, crossing her arms as she ultimately rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Seokjin firmly wrapped his large hand around Namjoon's wrist and yanked him into a booth. "What are you, flipping your lid?" Namjoon grunted, looking around completely bewildered. "I can't face her right now!" Seokjin exasperatedly said, hastily grabbing the diner's colorful menus and opening the booklets up. He set them up on the table and yanked the tall greaser by his shirt collar so their chests were pressed against the edge of the table. Jin ducked his head so he was hidden behind the menus, his expression seeming to grow anxious by the minute.

"So who's that broad? She looks too pure for a grease like you." Taehyung curiously leaned in, hovering behind Jin's broad shoulders. Seokjin let out a yelp in surprise, turning around to face the younger boy. "Shut it, Blondie. She's cute. Maybe we could get a little backseat bingo goin'-" Jungkook grinned wolfishly, making a hip thrusting motion even with the large melting chocolate milkshake in his hand. "Don't talk about her like that. Try anything and I'll skin ya! You hear me good?" Seokjin's shoulders visibly tensed under his tight white shirt. "She your girl or something, huh?" Jungkook sneered at Jin and it only infuriated the broad shouldered greaser even more. Namjoon rolled his eyes, knocking Jungkook upside the head. Seokjin eyed you with a racing heart as you innocently got up from your booth and left the diner. Everything you did was so hypnotic and endearing to him. It made him have flashbacks of last summer. With your soft lips on his and your head rested on his shoulder at the beach house. Why did he have to hide from you like this? He wasn't so sure. Maybe to impress his friends with the shitty reputation at school? Maybe to brag about his body count and flaunt the popularity he acquired? You were too good for him anyway, right? You actually cared about your reputation and wouldn't want to be caught with the likes of him. To be honest, Seokjin couldn't get you out of his head after you said you had to go back to your hometown and your summer fling finally came to an end. Did you really not recognize him?

You shyly glanced back at Seokjin only to find his eyes already glued on you. Your breath hitched and you