Alex x Ollie

"Whatcha doin short stack? Can't reach the fourth shelf?" Alex laughed as he watched Oliver on his tippy toes on a stool, struggling to pull a thick novel off the rack.

Oliver groaned angrily at the other. He dismissed his teasing, continuing to pursue his book, like he had for the past five minutes.

He didn't know what Alex's problem was. Ever since he had transferred into school, just about a year ago, the older teen had been following him everywhere, always making fun of him for everything he did.

Alex was tall, muscular, athletic and popular. The complete opposite of himself. Why couldn't he just hang out with his other popular jock friends or cheerleader friends, instead of using every second of his free time to annoy Oliver?

"You look like a little hamster!" The taller teen laughed even harder at his own joke (his very bad joke) as he made no move to leave Oliver alone.

"You know if you're just gonna stand there and watch me, maybe you could consider not being an asshole for once in your life and help me whoa-" he lost his balance as the book finally slipped out of its position.

The world started moving in slow motion as he felt himself spinning a full 180 degrees in the air. He tightly closed his eyes, waiting for the inevitable and but after a few seconds he slowly opened them again when he realized he felt nothing.

A pair of strong arms had caught him before he could fall.

"Are you ok?" Alex asked with an uncharacteristic seriousness.

His face was really close to Oliver's, and the younger teen couldn't help but notice how attractive he actually was. His piercing blue eyes etched with concern, his sandy hair falling over his forehead, his sharp jawline- oh my god no! What was he thinking?! This was Alex he was talking about!

He awkwardly cleared his throat as he realized that he had been staring for too long and he looked away embarrassed.

"I-I am fine now...Thanks. Y-you can put me down." He mumbled.

"Don't scare me like that, Ollie. You have to be careful, you are little so you can break easily." Alex went back to his usual annoying self.

"You be careful. If you call me Ollie again I will break your beautiful face." The smaller teen bit back.

He furrowed his brows to try and look intimidating but the older just thought he looked more like a cute bunny.

"So you think I'm beautiful?" He smirked annoyingly.

"Shut up." he turned as he took his book and left the other standing there.

As he walked through the corridor, he was unable to hide the deep flush that had formed on his face.

What just happened?

Did he just think Annoying Alex was...hot?

...

Oliver was the happiest person in the country right now, no the world, no the universe!

He clutched the small note he was holding in his hands to his chest and squealed with excitement.

No matter how many times he read the words that had been shabbily scrawled onto the now crumbled paper, his heart burst with happiness.