𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝑌𝑂𝑈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃.

"Don't you think you're being a little overdramatic?" My friend rummaged through my fridge, tossing the occasional empty jug of milk to the back

Whatever he was looking for I doubt I had. Nothing but mountain dew and leftover pizza stayed in my fridge, cuz let's face it; no one cooks in 2020.

"Would you quit messing with my shit?" My phone buzzed but I didn't look at it. Guess I forgot to turn my ringer on. "And being overdramatic about what?" He hesitated for a second and turned to face me, before opening the freezer drawer.

"Dude you can't just pretend it didn't happen." Pretending wasn't the right word. More like 'shoving it to the deepest part of my brain and ignoring anyone who ever says anything about it.'

No matter how much she wanted to talk to me, I refused to say another word to her. "Fuck off man. You don't know shit about what happened." He murmured something under his breath.

I read my phone notifications while he pulled a bag of fries from the freezer. 19 missed calls over the span of a few days. But the calls stopped about 2 weeks ago. No more messages, Instagram DM's, nothing on Twitter. Nothing.

She doesn't care anymore, so why would I start to care now? "You know what you did." Everyone's passive-aggressiveness had no effect on me anymore. And little did he know those fries expired months ago.

"It's not my fault! I'm sure her perfect little boyfriend is taking good care of her. I got what I wanted and Y/n got what she wanted. It's over now."

Yes, I realize how much of an asshole I was being. No one was willing to see my side of the story. He spilled the stale fries into a pan and turned the oven on.

"That's exactly my point. You got what you wanted. And she got pregnant. The least you can do is stop avoiding her and treat her like an actual human being." If that means it'll get everyone off my back, then I guess I had to.

"Think it'll get people to stop talking shit about me?" He shrugged. "This shit could ruin me. I could lose everything over stupid fucking drama."

Whatever. "Stop being a pussy and just talk to her." Fine. I unlocked my phone and scrolled down the list of missed calls.

There was no reason to be nervous, but still, I felt weird. The line rang a few times before she answered.

"You finally decided you wanna man up?"

ugh