Chapter 29: Haikuan's POV

After I saw Yibo leaving for school I walked through the garden in search for Xiao Zhan and found him in front of the bunny house.

"Xiao Zhan" I called him and tuned around. "Lets start with the work." I led him to the part of the garden, Yibo left out the last time.

>What do I have to do?<

"Care for the garden. Find out what the flowers need and give it to them." I answered.

>But flowers do not speak. How can I find out?<

"You are not able to speak either and you found a way to communicate, didn't you? The same goes for the flowers. They tell you in their own way. You just have to observe and you are good at that." I smiled at him. He nodded and walked ahead.

I stayed in the back and observed him. He started weeding and smiled a lot while doing so. 'Its not only that he needs someone to care for him, he too needs someone he can care for. Through that he learns to take responsibility and grows on his task'  I thought and joined him.

"Can I help you?" I asked him and he agreed with a nod. Together we finished one part of the garden and continued with the rest. It was not much to do as Yibo did most of it already and because of the rain last night, no watering was needed.

When Xiao Zhan looked at an empty space he tugged my shirt.

>Can I plant some flowers too?<

"Why not? Hmmm... how about this. You will look up some flower you want to plant and I will buy them today. And while I am gone you can finish that portrait of Yibo. What do you think?"

Xiao Zhan ran upstairs immediately. In the meanwhile I called the gardening company to find out, when our gardener will be back. They told me our gardener had to quit as his health is not improving and are trying to find a new one for us as fastest as they could.

"Its okay, no need to hurry. I want to find a gardener who does his work professionally, carefully and because he loves flowers and his work. Not someone who does it only because the salary is high. Take your time to find the best one. I will trust you with that and wait." I said and ended the call.

In that moment Xiao Zhan ran towards me and showed me a list with name of flowers. He waited to get a response from me so I ruffled through his hair.

"Alright. I will go and buy them. How about we use seeds instead of already grown plants? This way you can see them growing from the beginning. And this part of the garden will only have your plants. Only you can take care of them, no one else unless you allow it. Are you okay with that?" I asked him.

>Just for me?<  he asked happily.

"Yes, just for you. You will be responsible for your own little garden." I saw looking at me with excitement and he nodded.

"Then I will go and buy them now. Lock the doors when you are inside. Are you okay with being alone for 2 hours?" I asked him carefully and when he agreed I left for the gardening center after I saw him disappearing inside.

In the gardening center I walked up to a saleswoman. "Excuse me, Miss? I would like to purchase the seeds of the flowers on this list. Are they available?"

"Let me see. I think we have them. Follow me, Sir." she said and I followed her. She gave me everything except one of them.

"I am sorry but the seeds of this one is not available at the moment because its really popular" she apologizes." But we do have a few grown exemplars here. Is that okay with you or do you want to wait for the seeds. But let me remind you Sir, it will take a few weeks." she explained and waited for an answer.