VI

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ¡ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ¡ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

peony's pov,

i walked into school, my mood completely low.

it's been one month without my mum, one month of hiding the grief and pain from all my friends.

none of them know what happened, i never told then because i didn't want to be a burden.

" hey peony! there's another gum wrapper! " macey said excitedly, as i nodded slightly and took it off my locker,

hi peony, i just wanted say that you're an extremely beautiful person on the inside and out, never let anyone tell you any different <3

the corners of my lips lifted up slightly, not a smile but close enough.

i folded up the wrapper, putting if in my bag and grabbing my books, before walking to class with my head hung low.

i think today i might have a break from being so nice.

it's a lot of hard work, pretending that nothing bothers me.

" peo, you got any more of those secret admirer notes?" lily chuckled, as i nodded and grabbed out my textbook, starting work with thoughts buzzing through my head,

why did she even do it?

if she loved me, why did she leave me?

i thought she was happy, i thought we were happy.

and she left me with nothing.

i had nothing to hold on to until i got closer with friends,

i need her.

i want her to come back, so so bad, so i can help her and she can be happy and we can go to maccas and then the beach on my birthday and she can be proud of me.

without realising, the writing on my textbook smudged from a single lone tear that had fallen.

i quickly wiped it off, pulling my hair more in front of my face as to hide my now blotchy cheeks.

" peony, could you read chapter two for the class" the teacher yelled out,

" uh i actually have an appointment, for uh-a um for my teeth, yeah im going to the dentist" i lied, hurridely grabbing my things and leaving the classroom before the teacher, or anyone else, could say anything.

i speedwalked to my locker, shoving everything in and grabbing my bag before continuing on to the office.

i signed out quickly, and soon enough i was home, in my bedroom, with my mother's voice booming into my ears.