X

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ¡ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ¡ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

peony's pov,

i woke up, and checked my phone to see that is was nine.

yawning, i panicked when i looked around and saw that i wasn't in my room, only to remember that i was staying at ruel's house.

i quickly got out of bed, brushed my hair and for changed into some tights and a large shirt.

i probably looked like shit, and should've cared more seeing as i was going to meet his parents, but the grumbling in my stomach convinced me to go downstairs anyway.

i closed the door quietly, stepping out into the hallway and seeing ruel in the mirror of the bathroom.

he was fixing his hair, even though he didn't need to.

in the morning, he still managed to look perfect. it was beyond me.

" hey, did you sleep okay? " he asked, stepping out for the bathroom and pulling me in for a hug.

" yeah, thank you again so much, i honestly don't know what i wou-"

" you don't need to keep thanking me, now come on, i want you to meet my parents"

he took my hand and led us down the stairs, and i was immediately engulfed in a hug by a woman.

" i'm kate, ruel's mother, it's lovely to meet you sweetheart"

i dazed out for a second, thinking about how kate spoke.

sweetheart.

that's what my mother used to call me.

she reminded me of my mother, kate did. how she hugged you, how she spoke with such kindness.

i smiled as we pulled away from the hug,

" thank you so much for letting me stay, really"

" don't be silly! you're always welcome here" she smiled sweetly at me, as i followed ruel over to the kitchen bench.

" what do you want for breakfast?" kate asked, looking over at me,

" i don't mind, maybe just an apple, if that's okay? " i said, smiling when ruel chucked me an apple,

" thank you" i blushed.

" you have such amazing manners, peony. your mother raised you well" kate said, while i nodded slightly and kept my eyes focused on the apple which i was eating.

ruel cleared his throat, standing up and motioning me to follow him.

he led me up into what i guessed was his bedroom.

" im sorry, my mum doesn't know about, you know"

" it's okay. you play guitar? " i asked, nodding over to the guitar hanging on the wall.

" yeah, i'm not that good though" (a/n - btw ruel isn't famous in this story)

" play me something"

he grabbed the guitar, tuning it, and started to strum lightly.

it was beautiful, but when he began singing along it was even more amazing.

" it's easier to runaway, runaway, runaway, then to know what to say, say, say"

he placed the guitar down, while i continued to stare at him in awe.

" holy! you're so good i-i-"

" thank you" he smiled.

‹‹››

" do you want me to help with anything? dishes? laundry? groceries? " i asked kate, who seemed rushed as she washed some dishes.

" no don't be silly! you need to settle in, relax! "

" but you're letting me stay with you, the least i can do is help out"

sighing, kate turned to me, " i guess you could do the laundry, that would be great"

" of course!"

and so off i went, collecting the laundry from the clothesline.

‹‹››

" i don't think your gonna be able reach that" i heard ruel chuckle from behind me.

" yes i will. watch me" i said, going on my tippy toes to reach the washing machine.

" here" he took the clothes from me and easily reached up, turning the machine on.

" thank you" i smiled.

"you wanna go for a walk? "

" yeah, i actually need to do something "

" what are you gonna do? "

" look for a job"

" really? i mean, why? "

" secret reasons"

" come on, tell me"

" so i can pay you guys back, for letting me stay with you, ya know? cause you'll have to get more food for me and i don't want you to be wasti-"

" don't even. just stop right there. you don't need to pay us, okay?"

" well i'm still gonna look for a job, you're welcome to join me"

‹‹››

we applied for five places, the gelato shop, bakers delight, target, build a bear, and the skating store.

all for the shops said to wait a few days, and if they didn't get back to us then we didn't get the job.

i was excited, i always wanted to get a job so i could buy my own things.

‹‹››

" MUM I GOT A JOB! " ruel yelled, running down the stairs with me as we saw kate and frowning at us.

" well done sweetie, where is it? "

" the gelato place, you know, the really cool one! and we'll get discounts so be prepared for free ice cream" ruel smiled proudly, taking his jacket off the rack.

" come on, they told us to go over" he told me, as i followed him and we made our way to the ice cream parlour.

it was a cute, pastel coloured shop. just what you would expect for an ice cream store.

‹‹››

" what? " i asked. we had just gotten our uniform and checked to see if it would fit.

" you look really cute in that" ruel smiled, wrapping his arms around me as i blushed.

" you look cuter. like that little hat just makes it" i chuckled, pointing to the striped hat we both wore.

he laughed slightly as we pulled away, me going back to the bathroom and changing back to my other clothes.

i hope my mum is proud of me.