XI

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ¡ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ¡ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

peony's pov,

" peo, i got you something" ruel poked his head into my room, hiding something behind his back and smiling sweetly.

" ruel what-you really didn't have to-i mean, im staying with you so really i should be getting you somethin-"

" peony. calm down, take a breather." ruel chuckled, sitting beside me on the bed and pulling out from behind his back a small pastel pink teddy bear.

" awww thats so cute" i whispered, gladly taking the bear.

" push that button" ruel said, pointing to a small button on the paw of the bear.

i pressed the button, and the familiar voice of my mother came ringing in my ears.

" hello honey, by the time you hear this i won't be with you. so i'm calling just to say a few words that you can listen to. firstly, i just want to apologise. i know what i have done is so so selfish but i can't wake up everyday knowing how much of a terrible mother i am to you. i want you to have everything, but i can't give it to you. remember sweetheart, be nice. be nice even if you don't want to. no matter how much you hate a person, use your manners. no one will love you if you're a bitch, and trust me, it helps in life to have people to love you, i love you"

the recording stopped there, and i quickly brought ruel into a tight hug.

" thank you so much, ruel. you're amazing" i whispered, tightening my grip around his body to try and show my gratefulness.

" it's no problem, i just thought you would like it"

" but how did you even? do it? "

" i went to buildabear, and then yeah, just got everything"

i wanted to cry from how sweet he was being, who would've thought the loud class clown ruel van dijk would actually be this thoughtful.

we eventually pulled away from each other, smiling, as i gave ruel a quick peck on the lips.

" um-also uh also dinner is ready, if you-you wanna come" he stuttered, as i smirked from the red tint on his lips and nodded.

we both made our way downstairs, where we had more of kates amazing cooking.

‹‹››

" peo come hang out with usss" coco whined, taking my hand and leading us into her bedroom.

" so, how are you liking staying with us? " sylvie asked, handing me a strawberry as we all sat down on the bed.

" i really can't use words to describe how thankful i am-like seriously you guys are the best humans i swear" i smiled, before being brought in for a hug by coco.

" when do you start your job?" she asked,

" uh tomorrow after school me and ruel have our first shift"

" aw you're working with him! that's so cute"

" well we didn't really get a choice of who we work wi-"

" shh, play along. you guys are cute. you make him happy"

i smiled shyly, taking a bit from a strawberry.

it was good to know i made him happy, it made me feel good.

‹‹››

" WAIT WHAT? OHMYGOD BITCH IM SO HAPPY" anastasia squealed, while i shushed her and put my books in my bag.

" wait so why are you staying with him again? "

" my parents are out of town and we're family friends so.... " i lied, feeling guilt wash over me. but i didn't want to tell them about my dad, they would just make it a big deal.

" oh my god, have you guys kissed? " lily whispered, while we walked to class.

" yeah" i whispered back, as she looked at me proudly.

when we got in the class, i took my usual seat in front of ruel.

we got to work, and i honestly thought i would finish all of it that lesson. but i was wrong.

why, because ruel kept on passing me notes.

tapping my shoulder, he quickly passed me a folded peice of paper.

hey, i like the hairclips in your hair

smiling, i wrote back.

thanks, i like your hair, it makes u look like leo

i passed it back, and quickly got another response.

that's a good thing, right?

of course it's a good thing. everyone has a fat crush on young leo

you know, i really like your eyes

blushing, i couldn't help but giggle slightly.

you know, i like you. like, just you in general

i could hear ruel shuffle in his seat, and soon i got the note back.

ask to go to the toilet and meet me at the willow tree

"miss! may i please go to the toilet?" i asked, standing up as the teacher nodded.

i made my way to the apple tree, and waited about five minutes before i saw ruel coming up to me.

my heart started to beat faster simply at the sight of him.

" hi" i smiled, looking into ruel's eyes as he stood in front of me.

" hi"

he moved his hand up and rested it on one side of my neck, leaning down to my height.

and so his lips met mine, a feeling of calmness and tranquillity spreading through my body as our lips moved in sync.

this boy will be the death of me.

a/n - so happy rn i got brand new vans for thirty bucks like what hehe