IX

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ¡ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ¡ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

ruel's pov,

" so what's with the bag?" i asked peony, as we walked down the busy streets.

" oh i um just have some food and water"

" how long are you planning to 'walk' for?" i chuckled, seeing her hands fiddle together.

" a long time" she sighed.

i moved in front of her, placing my hands on her shoulders.

something didn't feel right, she was acting strange.

" peony, what's wrong?"

" nothing, i just want some fresh air. "

" i know your lying. is something going on at your house? " i asked, suddenly stressing out.

" n-no" she said quietly, shaking her head slightly.

i raised my eyebrows at her, examining her face.

" ohmygod are you okay? what happened to your face?!" i asked, seeing a red mark on one side of her face.

the fact that someone had the audacity to hit such a sweet girl who had done nothing wrong, i didnt understand.

" what? oh uh i fell over"

" peony stop being so nice and trying to hide everything! it's pretty clear that someone has hit you! " i said.

as i saw the tears welling up in her eyes i quickly wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her back.

" no no no! ah shit! im so sorry i didn't mean to-"

" are you seriously apologizing for this? come on, you can stay at mine" i said, getting my phone out and calling my mum.

" hey mum? you there?"

" yeah what is it?"

" i have this... friend. uh could she please stay at ours for a little while? "

" what? why? i mean of course but i just want to know what i'm dealing with"

" mum she's seriously the sweetest girl ever"

" ruel it's fine-" peony tried to snatch my phone but failed miserably.

" i don't see why not, she can have the guest bedroom."