Chapter 5: Truth

Briseis

Throughout the class, I am out of my mind. I'm scared and I don't know what to do. I have not sinned. I didn't kill him.

My mind is full of thoughts neglecting my own soul. I would have gone crazy at this moment. At this moment...I could have died.

The voices inside my head won't stop from whisperring "you killed him" and I know to myself that I didn't kill anyone and I will never kill anyone.

"I did not do anything!" I burst it. I shouted those words and I realized that I am freaking out of control.

Everyone is silently staring at me. I looked to their faces--confuse.

Agad-agad akong tumakbo palabas ng room. I can hear the murmur of the people, talking about me.

Rooftop. I went here to breathe because I have to remind myself to breathe. I have to breathe in order to stay alive. The person who wants to kill me is here in our school. My life is in danger, again. I don't know if I have to tell it to Light. Part of me doesn't want to tell it because he will be worried as hell, again. And I already disturb his entire life. He also needs a life--a life without worries.

"Are you okay?" I jump a little because of shockness. I was so preoccupied that I didn't notice someone enters the school rooftop.

"Why are you here?" I asked Achilles who is now standing next to me, staring at nothingness.

"Saw you miserable."

"Wow!" I said it in a sarcastic way. "You followed me here just because I looked miserable."

He didn't answer. Nakatingin lang siya sa akin. He's frowning as if he's trying to analyze me to determine what my problem is. He moved forward--closer to me. Napaatras naman ako, he's not saying anything but he is looking so firm on me.

"I didn't follow because you looked miserable. I want to know what your problem is." He said in a really serious voice as if he is not the Achilles I have known.

"W--why?" I stutter because he is too close to me. "Can you move? You're too near, you know." I almost whisper these words.

He take a deep breath and step backward. Nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag.

"'seis," he called me and I looked at him. I'm just waiting for what he will say. "You are not alone in this world. Even though, we just met. I am your friend. I'm always wants and going to protect you." He cupped my face with both of his hands. He looks so sincere.

"I..." His words are too persuasive that I might give up and tell him everything. "I am not the person you think I really am." I said and remove his hands on my face.

"Okay, Briseis. If you cannot trust me enough to tell me then, I'll work hard to earn that trust." He said and leave me in the rooftop.

I didn't go back to class, instead, I went home. Light is not stopping checking me every damn day. Honestly, I don't really check my messages anymore because I know it is just Light. I texted Prime to tell our next teachers that I cannot go to their classes because I am not feeling well. Ang sabi niya siya raw ang bahala kaya hindi ko na siya nireplyan. Actually, I kind of trust Prime. 

I'm just doing nothing, again. I'm really bored and my eyes are in hell because of watching for 8 hours straight. 

It is already almost 2 AM and I didn't eat for dinner because I'm too lazy and tired to cook; but, I am really hungry. Argh! Mas okay pa lang nandito si Light para may tagaluto ng pagkain. Well, nakakamiss din yung lalaking 'yon. He's my closest cousin.