Chapter 3

Laila’s POV

“Oh yeah!” I cried out and threw my head back laughing. Paul and I had woken up and decided to mess with George and Justice a little bit after what they put us through.

“Oh, John!” I yelled. Paul gave me a questioning look, but I just smiled and kissed him. “Trust me,” I whispered and he smiled and nodded.

I love him, the big goof.

“Paul, yeah!” I felt Paul’s hand move over me to my breast. “Perfect!” I cried/moaned. He flipped me over so I was facing up, looking at him. I moaned as he moved.

“Oh Laila, you feel so tight!” he cried. I pulled his face to mine until his ‘special trick’ at the end.

“Paul!” I screamed. My back arched and we collapsed, panting.

“I love you,” I heard in my ear.

“I love you, too.”

John’s POV

Even from across the hall, I could hear them. Laila was screaming out. She was all I really thought about anymore, which was why I had been fucking more girls than normal. I stared up at the ceiling, Cynthia laying next to me and Julian in a different bed. We didn’t have fun anymore like we use to. I don’t really know what happened between us. I use to want to always be around her and now, I can’t stand to. I hated being with her, and though she was still pretty good for a shag every now and then, I didn’t feel the same way about her as I once did.

I heard my name come from her lips, Laila’s not Cynthia’s. I turned towards the doors, trying to look past it, to see her. But then, she said Paul’s name. My hopes died in that instant. But, there was always tomorrow, and the next day, and the next.

Laila’s POV

“Paul! You’re gonna be late!” I squealed. He kissed along my neck. I laughed and pushed him away playfully. He pouted and worked back to where he was. “Paul, come on! You can disappoint your fans, can you? Especially that girl that said she and you were getting married. She would die!” he laughed.

“Oh yes, wouldn’t want to disappoint her!” he kissed me roughly. I ran my fingers through his hair, but used that to pull him away.

“You have got to go! Seriously! I will not be the reason that thousands of girls and boys in France are let down; because the bassist wouldn’t show up because he was screwing his wife.” He laughed and removed my hand from his head. I kissed him quickly and smiled. “Go. I’ll be here when you get back.” He nodded, kissed me again, and he really started to get into it, but I pushed him away and he left laughing.

Justice came over not long after that.

“Hey, Laila. What’s up?” she smiled casually. I stared at her over the rims of my new sunglasses, the ones I had bought yesterday.

“Oh nothing. Didn’t really get much sleep, thank you Justice.” She blushed bright red.

“Sorry,” she slunk over to the couch as I laughed and followed her.

“It’s alright. We followed with our own counter attack.” Her head turned towards me, a smile spread across her face. It slowly disappeared, though and I grew worried.

“What’s going on?” she asked. I looked confused. “With John. And you. What is going on there? I mean, for Christ’s sake, Laila, your married. And I’ve seen the way you look at each other. What’s up?” I looked down guiltily.

“I don’t know.” I sighed and fell back against the pillows. “I love Paul; I love him so much, but John….I’ve always known him. His songs got me through all the shit in my life and that’s still there. Help me. I don’t know what’s going on with me anymore. I feel so out of control of everything.” I squinted my eyes closed in pain.

“You and John, you act so much alike, like one person. But I’ve seen you without Paul, even if it was for a few days, and you looked miserable!” I brought my head up off the pillows.

“I take slight offense to that. You know I always look amazing!” she laughed and so did I, but she got serious again. “It’s quite simple, really. Stick with Paul. Push whatever feelings you have for John away and forget about them. Look, there’s a party tonight. Let’s all go and you can get back to civilization, Beatle girl.” I smiled and nodded.

At the party, Paul stood with some big French artist discussing music. I had stuck around for the first 5 minutes, but it got boring quick and I started wandering around when I felt an hand wrap around my elbow and pull me into a dark closet.

John roughly crushed his lips to mine. I pushed against him, not wanting that, but he just pulled me closer. The door to the small closet opened and a beam of light fell on us. The kiss broke, but we were just as close. My hands were pressed against his chest and our waists were impossibly close. I didn’t see who it was, but I didn’t have to. Their silhouette was as familiar to me as the craters in the ever present moon at which I stared every night as a child.

That, and the state of shock he seemed to be in, gave me the strength to get John off of me for good, but the door had already closed. I tore the door open and ran after him.

“Paul, wait!” I cried out as he stalked outside. He didn’t stop, he just kept going, even with me following. “Paul, stop, please!” His pace just increased until he was running. I fell against the house where the party was held and slid down. Crying into my hands, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“It’s okay,” John said. I stood rather suddenly and raged.

“It is not fucking okay! Because of you, my entire life is crumbling! God, you are so fucking selfish, John Lennon! You always get what you want and you don’t care who gets hurt in the process! Well, fuck you. I’m out.” I started towards the gate that Paul left through when I felt his hand curl around my wrist. I spun around very quickly and slapped him. “Get away from me.” I spoke through gritted teeth and slammed the gate behind me.

Paul was nowhere in sight. I called out his name several times, but it was no use. He was gone.