Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Paul’s POV

Oh my god…

My mind was in shock as I ran as fast as I could from the house. What had I just seen? I know what I saw: Laila and John, tightly pressed together in that small, dark closet. His hands were all over her and every time I thought about it, I wanted to punch him in the face and cry at the exact same time.

So I just kept running. I ran so far and so fast that, before I knew it, I was standing, staring up at the Eiffel Tower. It glittered in the darkened night sky, like diamonds almost. I didn’t want to feel what I felt, to see what I had seen, so I buried it deep inside me. With a nod to myself, I just kept walking, all around Paris.

 I eventually found myself back at the hotel. I didn’t want to go back inside, but the sun was rising and I needed a shower, to just think. And if I cried, no one would know. Soon, I was at the hotel room door, pulling the keys out of my pocket when I felt a hand on my shoulder that spun me around.

“What the fuck, macca?” the last time I had heard that was….last year, right after we all met my love, the girl who just broke my heart. I shoved John’s hand off.

“Fuck off, Lennon.” I turned back towards the door, but he was persistent.

“Do you know what you did to her when you ran?” I scoffed at his words.

“What I did to her? What about what she did to me? Or you for that matter.”

“What did she do, huh? Give annoying undying love, take care of you?” I threw Lennon against the wall.

“She broke my heart!” I couldn’t help the words from spewing from my mouth. And after they were said, after that realization sank in, so did I to the floor. I leaned against the wall as I slowly slid down it to the ground.

“She didn’t want me, you know? You just threw that away for nothing, you twat.” He stalked off to his room, slamming the door. I stood up, shakily and proceeded inside my room. I stripped and started a cold shower. They always helped me snap back to reality when shit like this happens. It worked with my mom’s death, it worked with Stu’s, I just hoped to god that it would work with her.

Laila’s POV

As soon as he disappeared, and I regained some sort of bodily control, I stood up and began running to the hotel, hoping he went back there. I called to him through the door, but there was no reply. Justice eventually found me when they returned and took me to her and George’s room. I stayed there for the night. Well actually the rest of the trip, sleeping on the couch

 “Thank you, Justice. For everything.” I would say at least once a week. I really appreciated what she and George were doing for me. I hadn’t seen or spoken to Paul in almost a month, having stayed at Justice’s after the trip, though I always tried whenever an opportunity arose. I read about what was going on with him, who he was seeing, anything like that. Surprisingly, he was keeping a very low profile. All the pictures I saw of him were old ones that sometimes even had me in them.