Heartbreak

I never expected our relationship to end like this. It feels like it was only yesterday he asked me out and this is what it's comes to. My heart clenches at the thought of him with someone else. The way he sat there with her, it's as if he had completely forgotten about me. He looked at her as if she was the only girl in the world. I don't know if I should be mad, that he's with her, or happy, because he has a bigger smile on his face that he ever had with me. Maybe I'm mad because it's her - I've never liked Ana, not one bit - and he knew that, yet he still left me for her. We've been together for almost a year, and he decided to throw me away as if I was worthless. Did I ever mean anything to him.

My legs were shaking as I stood there, watching, seeing his arm around her just killed that little bit more. There's no question that he's cheating on me. I felt the air getting sucked out of my lungs, as they leaned in and kissed. It seemed as if it went on forever, and all I can do was stand there and watch, as my eyes began to swell up with tears. As he leaned from the kiss, he started looking around and he made eye contact with me. Everything around me froze as I see the regret and realisation in his face. He says something to Ana.

As he gets up from the the bench I can see the blurry figure get closer, so I wipe away the, before they fall. I can't let him see my like this, as I've never felt this vulnerable before. I wanna leave and run away before he says anything, but instead my feet don't more. It's as if my feet were glued to the ground.

I try to think of what to say when he gets here, but all that comes out is, "Was this past year all for nothing?"

He lets out a small laugh and replies saying, "It's always been her, and everyone knows that."

"What do you mean everyone knew, I definitely didn't," I shouted at him. "What does she have that I don't? You know she's not as good as me, and won't do the things that I would do." I feel like as if the world is crumbling at me feet.

"She does way more than you would ever know," he says with a smirk.

I slap across the face then say, "Go be in love I don't care, but don't ever come running back to me, when you both get sick each other." I pause trying or stop my voice trembling before continuing to say, "How long has this been going on for? We're you ever planning on telling me or just dragging me along?" He doesn't say anything so I just shout, "Why can't you chose me instead?" A tear streams down my cheek, as I just wish this was all a dream.

"You obviously do care," he says letting out a slight laugh.

"How do you have the heart to treat me like, it's been all along hasn't it?" I've stopped wiping the tears ạway - I just let them fall, it's as if a part of me is pouring out with every tear.

"Yeah it has been are you happy now?" Jake says. At that very moment my life stops the past year has been a lie. Everything he did for me: he did for her. It was always her instead of me. I just felt broken.

I stood there wordless as he turns back around to Ana. She gives me a smile as Jake is waking back over to her. I just run.