Chapter 4

Rapunzel's POV:

The memory came back to me, each heart wrenching moments. My body felt cold and I thought it was just better off to drift away for awhile.

-flashback-

Eugene embraced me and held me as I cried. It felt almost endless.

"Aww is the little princess crying?" I remembered that voice. I turned around to see the fast shadow that was approaching. The sound of his footsteps were getting closer. I gulped as the strange man came into view, the man that had killed my father.

Eugene grabbed me and pulled me behind him. He pulled out his sword and held it, preparing for an attack. "Who are you?" Eugene asked.

"I'm called by many names: Pitch, Pitch black or the boogeyman," he smiled at his own admiration. "I'm your fears, I'm your worst nightmare." He began pacing around Eugene and I as he stared at us.

"Please, even Maximus is more scary than you," Eugene snickered.

"Oh really?" he grinned. In an instant he shot what looked like black sand at us. Eugene had blocked it with his sword. "Give me the girl and I might spare your life." Eugene refused and the fight went on.

How is a mortal suppose to win against something that isn't even human!? Eugene tried to protect me the best he can while fighting Pitch. I heard a sound of neighing and turned around to see a horse made of black sand heading our direction.

"EUGENE!" I screamed. He turned around to slice the horses head off. In doing so to protect me, he lost focus fighting Pitch. Pitch shot an arrow of black sand at Eugene, I tried to move him out of the way...but I was too late. "EUGENE!"

The arrow shot Eugene in the stomach and he collapsed on me. I fell down and him with me. I pulled the arrow out of him and grabbed my hair ready to heal him. He shoved my hand away, "Run!" he screamed at me. I didn't want to let him go, I can't lose him again!

I closed my eyes and clung onto him. "No!" I cried. All the sudden, I felt like I was being choked. I couldn't gasp for any air, I struggled to breathe. I opened my eyes hoping to see Eugene one last time.

I opened my eyes and all I saw was darkness...

I thought I was beginning to have a happy ending, but I lost everything just like that. In an instant the sun was swallowed by darkness, along with my hopes and dream.

I closed my eyes again and opened up to see a dying Eugene. "Rapunzel run. Please don't waste time here and healing me," he whispered. He began coughing up blood, "Rapunzel, I-I-I love y-ou. No-o-o matter w-ha-t, I-I will al-ways love you." His eyelids closed and his head fell heavy.

I heard the guards running in, but I was too distracted by Eugene. "Too bad he couldn't take the easy way out and just given me you instead. Now you can live in your own nightmares." It's my fault Eugene is dead, it's my fault father is dead.

Jack's POV:

Gosh! Trying to fly and fighting nightmares, while carrying a princess was a struggle, especially with her long hair. Geez, this girl needs a hair cut.

I flew away from the kingdom of Corona and landed by the edge of the woods. I set her down to rest my arms a bit. It's not easy being a guardian ya know. I pulled Rapunzel onto my back as I walked further into the forest. I don't think flying is a great option right now, with all the nightmares searching for her.

I heard a whisper as I was walking, and I had noticed it was Rapunzel. She seemed to be whispering in her sleep. "Eugene...gleem and glow...bring back what once was mine," she whispered. It was getting pretty dark and I began making camp.

I placed Rapunzel down by the tree, as I went to look for firewood to make a fire.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'M SORRY I KILLED EUGENE O-O BUT I HAD TO! CRY! ARE MY CHAPTERS LONG ENOUGH OR ARE THEY WAY TO SHORT? I FEEL LIKE THEY ARE TOO SHORT /.\

OOH AND I KNOW IN THE MOVIE TANGLED HOW RAPUNZEL HAIR GOT CUT AND STUFF, WHY DOES SHE HAVE LONG HAIR TO HEAL NOW YOU MAY ASK? WELL I WILL ANSWER THAT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER XD