Day Dream

When we arrive at school, Riley and I part ways like it has always been. Today is supposed to be Picture day and like the true queen she is, Riley is dressed to kill. She had complained about my sweats when we were leaving home so I had to change into something she considered worth Picture day.

Besides Riley and I were always assured of a picture together being one of the 20 pairs of twins at Riverside High School. My sister being a cheerleader never wanted a stain on her career or how people perceived her so it was me always changing to fit in with aspirations. So much for twin love.

"Raph!!!" I turn when Naila comes to me. She is high as f**k and jumps onto me for a hug. My heart aches remembering this exact moment. 

"Oh my God. I have so much to tell you." she says moving back fixing her frizzy hair which for some reason looks neater today. Because it was senior year and she wanted to look nice 

"So Keith...."

"Asked you out on a date." I say lazily picturing an eye-roll in my head. I don't realise what I have just done until Naila goes silent and looks at me. 

"How did you know?" I have to think of a quick escape before my best friend thinks I am a creep. I remember this day plus the excitement that had come with it. Naila had come jumping to tell me about Keith the guy in music class who came and asked her out and how she had wanted to see Lucy and me in person to tell us the news.

"Ummm...I did not know. just guessed?" I say raising my shoulders to shrug and pulling a smile.

She just nods slightly while looking at me. I try not to act nervous around her. I try not to show that I know what is supposed to happen. Nevertheless, I do not know how I must tell my friend that Keith is not good or that he is just fulfilling a dare all because Lucy is considered the school's hardest girl to get. I fear that if I tell her all this she is going to hate me and if I do not tell her she is going to sulk and hate herself. If I am reliving this day and it is not even a prank or a daydream yet, Keith's actions made my best friend lose confidence in herself. It was only after Spring Break that she got better.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________