Saturday nights

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." -Helen Keller, The Open Door

Last week after one month of internal debates. After finally accepting the fact that I was reliving my senior year I went out to tell Naila about Keith. She did not believe me when I told her and to make it worse I had no evidence so it seemed like I was trying to jeopardize her relationship with Keith. Naila had shouted at me and hurled words at me even saying that it was probably because I was the single one in the clique that I was putting all my jealousy on her. I cried so hard from the time I left school to the time I reached home in Lucy's car. I had not bothered with food. I was so mad. I had run-up to my room and cried so mad at myself, at the universe, and the heavens. Why was I here? All I had wanted was to have a new life. College was going to give me that. But here I was living the same year again. 

Today I was curled up in my bed watching different movies on time-travel. Of late I have been reading so many novels like Before I fall. My imagination was running world but then in my senior year, I had kept under the radar as I had always been. What if I had died or what if I was being given another opportunity to live this year and change it.

"Raphaela...I need a ride please." Riley says when she barges into my room fully dressed in a red thigh-high dress with a V-neck pulling out as much cleavage as possible.

"Where to?" I ask. She slightly frowns and I can tell the many emotions and ideas running through her head. The reason Riley and I had split and grown apart throughout the senior year was the little time we spent together. 

"Kayla's party," she says and then silence fills the room. "You know she invited you but you have not been coming for any of the parties we have been invited to together. Figured you're just avoiding me so I decided not to drag you into my mess." she finally sighs and it seems like a big burden has been relieved from her shoulders. It's funny how something can cause pain through your entire being when in actual sense it is only your heart. The day before I was supposed to leave for college Riley had said we had drifted.  Maybe it was my fault. If I was getting second chances to fix messes, I might as well earn my blood bestie back.

"Do you have any party outfits for this late girl?" I ask and her eyes widen as she runs to sit onto my bed.

"You're coming?" She asks with too much excitement and I nod slightly. It takes only thirty minutes and I am already dressed for a party on a Saturday night, which has always been a day for Netflix. The most shocked person is Lucy when I text her and she cannot hide her joy as she sends a voice note saying they are waiting for me at the party. I do not bother to text Nalia because she is more than mad at me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HIT THAT STAR

xoxo