Second chances

"Best friends forever?"  Lucy asks and we all make a pinky swear. 

"Allow me to beat Keith up please," Lucy adds and we all give her a stare. She has always been the violent one but you cannot blame her. I am more than certain she will not let Keith go for what he had done to Naila.

"Okay, so we meet back here in 20 minutes aye!" Naila asks and we all nod. Today we had decided to get some books from the public library in preparation for Spring Break. I walk to the science section. Up to now, I am still looking for answers. I do not want this year to end only to wake up and I start it all over again.

I find an old lady struggling to pull out some books from the scientific fantasy shelf.

"Oh.. lemme help you." I offer as I stretch my hand for the book. The cover attracts me.

"here you go " I hand her the book. She looks at me and smiles.

"You must be wondering what an old lady like me is doing reading time-travel. Are you not?" she asks exactly saying the words out of my head. I just chuckle out of embarrassment I guess.

"Well yes. I just got interested in the topic recently." I say carefully not to spill my secret of how I am living this year again.

"Well, I will tell you one thing I know far better than this.  second chances are given to everyone but how well you fix your mistakes is what matters so never dwell on why you have that second chance rather think about what you did not do right then and make it right now so that you do not regret and blame the people around you," she says smiling and patting me lightly then turning to walk in the opposite direction.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is more of a filler chapter. But I hope you like it

<3 HIT THAT STAR