Chapter Thirty Five: Mentally Scarred

I ran farther and farther ahead of Clayton, who struggled to try and keep up. I felt carefree, too happy to care about anything. My hair flowed behind me, but I was suddenly tackled from my right.

        I was turned onto my back, and my head was pushed down. With the side of my head being pressed against the hot sand, I heard a man say something to me.

        "Scream and you're dead!" He said in an angry tone. He started pulling down my pants, but I also saw Clayton, who was rapidly approaching.

        "Don't you fucking touch her!" Clayton yelled, then kicking the man in the ribs. He kicked so hard, I actually heard a snap. The man who attacked me fell onto his side, causing Clayton to laugh a deep, intimidating laugh.

        Clayton picked the man up with his left hand, holding him by his throat. Clayton then proceeded to punch him in the stomach, then in the face. Clayton then tossed the man to the ground, making him land on his back. The man started to crawl backwards from fear. Clayton walked up, grabbed his arm, then stomped on his skull. After that, the man went limp.

        "I love solving problems." Clayton said,dropping the man's arm, and walking towards me. I sat there, terrified of what just happened. I look at Clayton, then at the man, then back at Clayton.

        "It's fine. The local carnivorous animals won't go hungry." He says to me, then stands me up. After that, he pulls up my pants for me. He rubs my back a bit, then pats me on the shoulder.

        "Let's go home. You need all that outta your mind." He tells me. He picks me up bridal style, then starts carrying me back to Fiona's house.