Chapter 4: Daddy, I Will Protect You

{Author's P.O.V.}

New was still sleeping peacefully in his crib when the staffs came to install the cameras. Tay stayed by his baby's side when another staff member came into the nursery to mount the device on the wall. He didn't want New to panic upon seeing a stranger in his nursery room the moment he woke up.

When everything was set up and ready for the filming, the staffs explained to Tay how to use the app to manipulate the cameras. After seeing the workers to the door, Tay returned to the living room. His phone vibrated and he turned it on. He opened the video sent from GMMTV and watched. Tay raised his eyebrows with comprehension. It was a clip informing him about their first task.

"Spend 24h with each other, huh," Tay thought with a confident smirk. That was more than easy.

Tay stood up and went to the nursery room. The Little was a bit grumpy from being woken up from his dream and being pulled out from his warm comforters. Tay delved into his pocket and fished out his phone to pause the recording so he could change New's diaper in private.

"Come on, my grizzly bear, let's get you out of the wet nappy," Tay cooed but New huffed fractiously. "Wanna sleep..." he whined in Tay's hold and kicked his legs as a gesture of protest. "You can take a nap later on, sweetheart. It's almost 9 o'clock so you need to eat something," Tay explained and placated the Little by giving him a kiss on the forehead.

New pouted and turned his face to the side while his daddy changed him. When he roved the room with his eyes out of boredom, something caught his attention. There, on the wall near his crib, perched a dark device he had never seen in his room before. New stared at it with avid curiosity and tried to figure out what it was.

Tay wiped him and put a new diaper on his Little. He smoothed the tabs of the diaper down and put his Little on the floor ere he walked away to dispose of the soiled diaper. After cleaning his hands, he took out his phone and opened the app and resumed the filming. He then sauntered to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Now left alone by himself in the room, New got up and approached the dark object warily. Suddenly, the device made a creepy buzzing sound and rotated in his direction. Startled, New staggered backwards and fell on his bum with a loud thud.

His brain was trying to process everything but his body was a step ahead and reacted first. Almost in an instant, New burst into tears and wailed loudly for his daddy.

The moment Tay heard his baby's cries, he dropped everything and rushed to the nursery like his life depended on it. Tay hurried over and picked New up. "Everything is okay, Daddy is here, babykins," Tay cooed and wiped the tears away with the soft fabric of his sleeve.

New hiccupped and wrapped his arms around his daddy's neck tightly. Tay bounced him up and down in a soothing rhythm as he looked around the room to find the source that upset his baby. When he didn't notice anything out of place, Tay turned back to his snivelling Little, "What's the matter, little one? Why were you crying?"

New opened his mouth to tell him about the scary little 'monster' on the wall but immediately clammed up when he heard the familiar buzzing sound that came from the device whenever it turned around. He stole a furtive glance at the eerie 'creature' and as expected, it was looking straight at him with the glowing red dot. New turned back to Tay and silently made up his mind to protect his daddy.

"Missed you," New lied and laid his head on Daddy's broad shoulder. Tay felt his heart swell with incandescent affection. He chuckled and kissed his baby, "Oh, you silly boy. Daddy was in the kitchen, there's no need to cry."

Tay carried his Little to the living room and set him down on the couch. The television was on and it was playing 'Toy Story'. New sat on the soft sofa and watched his daddy go into the kitchen. He then roamed the living room with his eyes and detected a few more of the black 'monsters' like the one he'd seen in the nursery room.