Chapter 7: Friends

{Author's P.O.V}

"Daddy, scawy?" Krist asked with a small voice from where he was hiding behind Singto's back. They arrived at yet another section of the intricate indoor playground.

Singto turned around so he could look at Krist. He felt a smile tug at the corners of his mouth uncontrollably when he took in the sight of his precious Little. Krist's pale blue pacifier was bobbing up and down in his mouth as he suckled nervously. Singto's heart melted into a pile of goo right then and there.

He carded his fingers through Krist's hair adoringly. "No, there is nothing to be afraid of, bumblebee. Daddy is here with you," Singto reassured him and took Krist's hand and he led his Little forward.

"Look, there is even a Mr. Monkey over there! Don't you want to go see him?" Singto tried dissolving Krist's fear by deflecting the Little's attention. As expected, Krist nodded fervently and trailed behind his Daddy curiously.

The monkey figure was quite chubby and it was almost the size of Krist. The fake animal looked very funny with its jutted lips and big eyes. Krist liked him very much.

"Daddy!" Krist exclaimed in amazement and pointed at the monkey's tummy. Singto looked down and surely, there were several rows of rotatable toy blocks with multicoloured letters and numbers on the monkey's tummy.

"Do you want to play, little bee?" Singto asked and Krist nodded quickly. The caregiver smiled warmly and sat down with his Little. After pulling Little Krist onto his lap, Singto started teaching him how to read the alphabets imprinted on the blocks with a gentle smile on his face.

"Kit, Kit!" Little Gun exclaimed in excitement when he finally climbed to the same level as Krist and Singto with Papii's aid. Krist turned his head and looked over Singto's shoulder to see who was calling him. A wide smile adorned his face immediately when he recognized Gun and Off.

"Look who we have here," Singto said with a soft smile and let Krist climb out of his lap.

"Baby an' Uncwe Off!" Krist squealed merrily and waved at the approaching pair. Gun giggled happily and increased his pace until he finally reached Krist and Singto.

"How's it going, buddy?" Off grinned and tousled Krist's hair adoringly. Krist, however, completely ignored him since his attention was on baby Gun.

Krist opened his arms with a bright smile, "Baby, hug?"

Not quite understanding the gesture, Gun copied his friend, spread his arms apart and repeated after him, "Bbebbi, uggh?"

Krist giggled at the silly baby and happily hugged him. This time, Gun understood the action and reciprocated Krist's embrace.

Singto and Off almost couldn't contain themselves at the cuteness overload. "If this ain't the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life," Off muttered, hardly able to suppress his grin. Singto nodded and agreed.

Krist showed Gun the rotatable toys on the monkey's tummy and Gun watched Krist with interest and admiration as the Little prattled on about how his Daddy had taught him to pronounce the letters and numbers on these blocks.

Off and Singto sat on the side and watched the Littles play for a while before engaging themselves in an idle conversation.

"Seeing them happy like this makes everything worth it," Off began. Singto looked at him with a smile of agreement and understanding, he knew just exactly what Off meant, because he felt the same.

"Sometimes, I find it hard to keep up with Kit's energy, and honestly, it can drain you physically," Singto said and looked back at his Little, who was now teaching Gun how to read the letters on the colourful toy blocks. "But seeing his smile and hearing him call me 'Daddy' makes me all powered up again," Singto tagged on, his voice imbued with unbridled affection and love.