Demo

A shimmering sphere of light wraps itself around the floating logo, LifeShield, before fading away. The logo shrinks to the corner overlaying the video feed. A woman stands in front of a fist thick plexiglass wall wearing a pinstripe pantsuit, the azure of her blouse matching her running shoes. She draws a breath, then nods to someone off stage.

"Hello. My name is Fiona Parks, CEO of LifeShield, Inc. We've been a dark startup, but it's time to step out of the shadows to announce our first product."

Videos overlap the borders of the screen, a man's outstretched arm with gun aimed at another, a street gang with knives flashing, a woman running while looking fearfully behind her.

"For too long, humans have lived lives of fear, of violence, of pain. Today, I say, 'No more!'. LifeShield is an AI-based personal defense shield with one purpose, to protect human lives from harm. Let me show you how it works.

The shimmer surrounds the logo once more as it grows and flashes across the screen, the squick of Fiona's shoes the only sound as she steps around the wall.

She stares into the camera with an impish smile. "Looking for it, aren't you. Won't see it. It's hidden under the epidural layers of skin. Constantly evaluating the environment for threats. Monitoring your own pain nerves. Attuned to your own sense of danger. Waiting, until it's needed.

The camera pans out to include a wire hopper of tennis balls. With a pop, one hurls towards her chest. A sapphire glow encases her unmoving form, thrusting the ball to bounce away. The view pans behind the machine, balls continuing to fly as she strolls toward it.

"As you can see, it requires no user interaction. It automatically calls for help if you are attacked." One last ball hits her. "But I'm sure none of you are scared of tennis balls. Let's show what it can really do."

Across the stage, a dingy hulk of a man rolls into view, kneeling. The gun flashes silver as it lowers, zeros in, booms.

Fiona jerks back, rocking on her heels to keep her balance, sealed in the heart of a sapphire. The second bullet splashes bright like a crack of sunlight, and she drops to her knees. She spreads her arms wide as the man races toward her, welcoming the incoming fire until the slide of his pistol clicks back.

His hand blurs, the gleam of a knife arcing across her neck. Sparks fly, and the knife clatters across the floor. The man snarls, "You bitch, I'll still have you."

They crash to the floor as he tackles her, trying to pin her as he humps between her legs. The blue shimmer holds him one inch above her body, while he slides like an air hockey puck. When it's apparent nothing can happen, the man rises and stomps away.

Sitting up, disheveled hair half covering her face, Fiona pants before she speaks again. "That is what we want to protect against. Senseless shootings, stabbings, and the terror of rape. It really works. Preorders open now, with a very limited release available in one week. General availability soon after. Thank you for watching."

The stage fades, as the logo fills the screen, order website prominent before everything fades to black.