Chapter II

My friend pocketed it and said, "John, come up, we'll read it together."
When we were seated by the fire, he read:
Dear Mr Holmes, 
I'm Joseph Henley. My daughter (Elena) of fifteen years of age has vanished from our house yesterday. We are very worried becasue of this incident. Please come to this address and investigate. [Address is mentioned here]
Yours lovingly, 
J. Henley.
I saw a little twinkle in his eyes, the same one I see when he gets a case.
He said, "We should go right now, John. Order a taxi."
~
When we were halfway through our journey when Sherlock said, "John, do you know why I don't believe in love?" I was startled by this question all of a sudden and that too it being asked at that point of time. "Because you're a high functioning sociopath and sociopaths don't have any sentiments," I said.
"Because love is like supernatural entities and ghosts, which don't exist but people still believe in them, even though it results in no good for anyone. And as you already know, caring 'is' a disadvantage," he answered looking out of the window.
We fell silent. A little snow was falling as it was early January. We passed many bridges, streets, dwellings and then we reached the spot.
~
We had had our dinner early as it was about a quarter past nine when we allighted the cab. I knocked at the door and a lady opened it, apparently Mrs Henley.