cafe

I could not afford for further studies and my family disagree on student loan so I went to work. I found a job at a cafe as a trainee barista. After working for 1 month the manager didnt let me learn about coffee and told me to do other things thats not in my job scope, since then i been a floor crew and the manager insist that i am not good enough to be a trainee barista... But there is someone that i look up to his name is Joe. He is a barista and he is really kind and caring and a very good listener and adviser. Joe taught me about coffee and gave me challenges and homework, I really enjoy working with him as he make work really fun. Karen is a senior trainee barista there she was there for 2 years but the manager said they need floor crew so she will have to learn both roles but its been 2 years... but there are a few more crews who join this company with the title trainee barista but end up as floor crew.

I felt cheated by the cafe. 2 months now I made lots of friends and they help me out alot. i am really greatful to have them. Funny thing is we all didnt really like the manager. At least we have each other, time fly when we work together without the manager. We help each other like when Karen dont like to do the weekly stock takes, I would do it for her and when its closing she dont like cleaning the toilet i help her and she help me to wash the dishes as i didnt really like washing dishers. So we would help each other with things that we dont like.

3 months in the job Karen and some other crews decided that they wanna leave the job as they wanted a change of enviroment. One by one left the cafe... I was sad that they are leaving but yet happy that they are happy. Joe and the other crews were going for a drink and so i decided to join them. i really wanna spent more time with them. After drinking 2 cups I reach my limit and we all went for supper after drinking as some of us cant go home drunk. On the way to the supper place they were all afraid that i might puke in the bus and they were arguing what should they use if i puke. Should they use the paper bag (joe wanted to keep the paper bag), handbag (its branded), hat or just run to the door and puke...

4 months in the job I am the only full timer that work there the longest as the rest all left but there are part timers who work there longer then me, just because i am a full timer the manager blame me for everything... i really cannot take it anymore. New crews that i have to guide and do the stocks and mantain the cafe when the manager is not around. The manager blames me for any mistakes that been made by the new crew and judy one of our new crew get the learn about coffee when she have no background about coffee. That totally trigger me. Because she is only 4 day in the job and i am 4 months in the job but i dont get to learn how to use the esspresso machine but judy gets too.

A few day before I leave the cafe, we had a party at the beach to celebrate that we all leave the cafe. It was a very fun time to me as i hard get invited to parties as i am a loner in school. i really enjoy the time we spend together. I really miss all of them only not the manager.