Crazy person certification

I'm walking down a dimly lit hallway I've never been in before. Or have I? This place is intimately familiar. I take one step after another slowly my feet seem to know where I need to go but my head sure doesn't. I take another step forward then stop dead in my tracks.

"ROO!"

I turned around but no one was there. I turned back to where I felt needed to go and started my slow steps forward.

"Gem" someone whispered.

There was only one person who called me that.

Cole

But he was...he was...dead. The fact it was my fault doesn't help ease any nerves

This is just your imagination. Keep moving. I thought to myself.

I did. I kept moving but I still heard my nicknames from the dead. I tried my best to ignore it. This hall seems never ending was running through my head. I kept moving anyway, my shoe made that noise that happens when you pull apart something sticky. I glance down and I'm standing in a puddle of blood. I look forward and... OH MY GOD. It's Ashley, I rush forward to help. I know I'm too late. Her eyes already have a glassy quality. I'm not sure I would've been able to help anyways.

I hear the voices again. I turn around to see Jude moving towards me. He looks terrible. There's blood all over him and he's missing a shoe. I feel tears prickle my eyes. Cole is shortly behind him and there are no words to describe how he looks. At this point I'm crying, not full on sobbing, but the tears are definitely there. People always say you can't run from your problems or fears. But that doesn't mean I'm not about to try. I bolt down the hall, one or both of them are following me. I can feel it. I screamed and continued to run down the hall.

My foot catches on something and I'm falling forward. I hit my back on something and then my head. That'll definitely leave a bruise I thought trying to distract myself from the immense pain I was in. Suddenly I felt that all too familiar tingling sensation run through my body. The next thing I knew I was in the air. When I finally opened my eyes coming back to reality, I realized I was in Liam's arms staring into his filled with concern and maybe fear, face.

"Ruby. you ok?" he said breathing heavily as I realized I was still crying.

"I'm fine," I said, wiping my tears away with my sleeve. "What time is it?"

"11:40" he replied.

I felt my eyes widen. It felt like I was in that seemingly never ending hallway for hours there was no way it's only been 40 minutes. He looked down studying me like he did when he found me in Thurmond. He looked extremely scared. I felt warmth drip down my cheek, but it was too thick to be tears.

"OH MY GOD" he exclaimed loudly while wiping the blood off my face. Then hugging me close to his chest. "You're hurt!"

"I'm fine" I reassured him, trying to push back, but I felt too weak to move.

He raised his eyebrow and said "Clearly you're not."

"...What happened?" he whispered.

"Nothi-" I said getting cut off

"Please... please" he begged "Tell me what's going on with you"

I sighed. He clearly wasn't gonna give this up.

"I-I had a nightmare that's all"

"About?" He pressed.

I didn't want to say anything. I especially didn't want to bring up Cole to Liam.

"The people I killed"

"Rob?"

"No" I sighed. "Jude, Ashley and...and Cole"

"Oh." he said and was silent for a second before saying "None of that is your fault ok?"

I nodded as he wiped fresh tears from my face.

"Don't think we're not gonna talk about this in the morning, but I'm tired, let's go to bed."

He did keep his promise. I woke up once more after falling asleep, Liam was standing on the other side of the room whispering into his phone. Maybe if I wasn't so tired I would've questioned him, should've questioned him now it was too late. I was glaring angrily at Liam who was sitting next to me. He got the bright idea to send me to a shrink like I'm some crazy person. I'm not crazy. Liam looked up at me with an apologetic look that said Sorry not sorry. I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off.

" Ruby Elizabeth Daly were ready for you"

I stood up and followed the nurse Liam close behind me. The therapist asked me 3 questions once I got in the room. I wasn't about to answer any. This is ridiculous. I don't need therapy. I have a couple nightmares and panic attacks and now I need therapy.

"Ruby answer the questions," Liam said annoyed.

"No." I pouted. I knew I was being childish, I didn't care.

"I wanna go home" I whined and crossed my arms over my chest.

"The faster you answer the questions. The faster we get to go home" he pointed out.

I sighed. Can't argue with that. I turned back toward the Lady who's supposed to magically rid me of my problems. Liam said something about waiting outside, kissed my forehead and left the room. I answered her questions to the best of my ability. I didn't say anything about the people who died because of me. She's a stranger who wasn't about to get that much out of me.

I left the room feeling worse and better at the same time. Worse because I was now diagnosed with PTSD and Anxiety Disorder. I also am a certified crazy person cause now I take crazy people medicine. Prozac (Fluoxetine) is what she called it.However I felt better because I actually spoke about it. Liam sent me a genuine apologetic look.

"Learn anything new?" He asked as I walked over to him.

"All I got was a certification for my craziness and some meds," I said. I could tell he wanted to press about what I meant. I shot him a tell you later look. He nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Then said.

"Let's get out of here"