7. room 93

florence couldn't sleep.

she couldn't relax, she couldn't think about anything except for the feeling of calum's lips against her and the fire in her stomach that had been raging ever since.

it was burning away at her while she laid in the unfamiliar hotel bed, the clock on the bed stand reading gone two in the morning. she needed to sleep but she just couldn't.

she'd messaged sierra but assumed the time differences meant that her best friend was already asleep - florence still hadn't managed to figure them out yet.

staring at the delivered beneath her message, florence bit down on her lower lip and placed her phone back down on the nightstand. the kiss was begging to be spoken about, and since florence knew she couldn't talk about it with calum - and definitely not her parents - she needed sierra to respond.

part of florence hoped that talking about the kiss might help straighten out the tangled mess in her brain, and then maybe she'd be able to sleep.

maybe you'd be able to sleep if there was a certain someone else in bed with you.

florence groaned, rolling over and hiding her face in her pillow, frustrated with herself for being so caught up over a kiss - and even more frustrated with the urge to go and knock on calum's door and do something about the fire in her chest.

torn between knowing better and wanting more, florence rolled over in her bed, squeezing her eyes closed in an attempt to force sleep, and trying to stop her mind from wandering to calum and if he was feeling the same as her.

and outside on the roof, cigarette in hand and a half empty box laying beside him, wearing only his plaid pyjama bottoms and aching for sleep and relief, was calum.

who was just as consumed by the kiss as she was.

calum couldn't shake the feeling of her lips against his and his hand on her skin - he could still feel the warmth on his palm.

the effects of the whiskey had long worn off - and yet kissing florence was still all that calum could think about.

he leaned forward on his chair, rubbing his eyes harshly and allowing his head to rest in his hands for a moment.

they had a show the next night and calum didn't want to be tired for it.

heaving a sign, calum stubbed the last of his cigarette in the ashtray and, pocketing the box laying on the side, he began to make his way back inside.

the bright lights of the hallway made calum's head ache, and he paused for a moment, his eyes unintentionally drifting over to florence's door.

she was in room 93 - his was room 94, almost directly across from hers.

as calum stared at the ivory door, he felt his hand twitch, as if his body knew he wanted to see her before his mind did. he could knock - she might be awake, she might want to see him as much as he wanted to see her.

but the risk was too great, and without the courage of whiskey, calum retreated back to his room to try and get at least a few hours of sleep.

***

"you fucking what?"

florence held her phone away from her ear, wincing at the high pitched scream sierra emitted.

"sierra if you deafen me we can't talk about it-"

"shut up and tell me everything right now." sierra demanded, the slightly shuffling from her end letting florence know she was ready for an full length story.