Chapter 6

There is not going to be much detail about the mission. There are many, many fanfictions for that.
The mission is just a way to get the relationship started from strangers to at least acquaintances.
_________________

I knew I wouldn't forget you
And so i went and let you blow my mind
_____________

True to his word, Sasuke did not come to the bed. Hinata did a perimeter sweep before she closed her eyes to sleep.

She didn't even know if Sasuke slept or not. By the time she woke up, he was nowhere to be found. After the events of last night, she felt relieved not having to face him right now.

She took a shower and dressed in another silky kimono, choosing to let her hair flow freely.

The morning was early and she set out to take a walk. The Daimyo had beautiful gardens though, she admired. Suddenly, she felt someone's presence nearby.

Jen. Haruka's betrothed.

He smiled as he saw her. "Good morning, Lady Hinata." He greeted her.

"Good morning."

"You're an early bird then." He said in a friendly way. She smiled politely.
"Force of habit."

"Indeed." He said, with a knowing smile. Hinata furrowed her brows.

"It's part of being born and raised in a Noble Clan."

She relaxed, hopefully not visibly. "Oh. Yes. Yes it is."

"Where might your husband be? Leaving a pretty lady like you here alone...why someone might steal you."

Uh-what? Hinata couldn't even reply in the initial surprise of his words. Wasn't he betrothed to Haruka?

"That someone would have to be one hell of a thief." Sasuke's dry, ironic voice caused them both to look surprised. Hinata was slightly on edge, looking for any signs of lingering anger on his face, but Sasuke showed none.

"Ah-Good Morning Uchiha-san." Jen smiled even wider on seeing him. Sasuke didn't even have the decency to nod.

"Leave."

Jen looked confused at his rudeness before he noticed Sasuke was serious. "Ah, I'll take my leave then...Lady Hinata."

"Uh...Good bye." She mumbled. Jen hurried off while Hinata looked at Sasuke. "Where were you, Uchiha-San?"

"I told you to call me Sasuke."

"Okay. Where were you, Sasuke-Kun?"

"Around." He replied in an annoyingly vague tone. "Did you gather any valuable information?"

His tone became so soft that she had to strain her ears to hear him. She shook her head. "Nothing valuable. I don't know why Tusande-sama deemed this mission so important."

Sasuke sighed. "Looks like the hag spends more time playing match maker than doing her job." He muttered to himself.

Hinata blushed a little. "She must have her reasons. I don't like how...good everyone here is."

"Sure...call the lecher good." He scoffed.

"I wasn't talking about Jen-Sama."
Sasuke didn't deem that worthy of a response. "We leave tomorrow. Try to...find something useful."

Hinata nodded. Sasuke walked off without another word.
_______

The venue for the ceremony was beautifully decorated. Hinata admired the dim lights, flickering above them. She and Sasuke walked carefully inside. He was wearing formal clothing too and she admitted he looked quite nice.

"Watch out for everyone." He warned her before they parted.

"Hello dear." The Daimyo's wife greeted. "You're so beautiful." She said admiring Hinata's long silky hair.

"Thank you." Hinata said. "You as well."

"Oh you don't have to flatter this old lady, my dear." The Daimyo's wife, Kira replied. "It's the old age."

Hinata laughed a little. "You look so young. Your husband too. Couldn't wait any longer to get married?" Kira winked.

Hinata smiled, though there was a bitter undertone. "Yes, it was inevitable so...why wait."

"Well...you suit one another." Kira said, glancing at Sasuke, standing a little away from the others. "Sometimes, it isn't the person you want...but the person you need that the Universe gives you."

Hinata looked at her surprised. Kira smiled with that elderly wisdom. She certainly seemed nicer than her husband.

Hinata mingled around but there was little information of consequence. She began to get bored by the time the Daimyo spoke.

Sasuke had drifted to her side, for appearances.

"Thank you again to all my lovely guests for attending." The Daimyo said, eyeing Hinata with a smile as
he said that. She inwardly rolled her eyes. "I am extremely grateful to you all."

"This is the first lively event we've had since the Shinobi war three years ago. And we have a special pair of guests as well. After decades, members of the Uchiha family have attended an event of mine. Their massacre was indeed a tragedy..."

Hinata felt Sasuke go murderous. It reminded her of last night, when he'd gone all 'Uchiha Survivor' mode on her. She'd never felt scared of Sasuke before. But last night, there hadn't been a shred of humanity in his ruby eyes.

Hinata immediately tensed up, grabbing his arm with both her hands, seemingly in an affectionate
gesture. But actually, she didn't want everyone present here to be slaughtered. She missed the next few minutes of the speech as Sasuke calmed down.

"...but enjoy the event. Thank You."
Sasuke stalked off, freeing his arm from her grasp harshly.

She did not see him until the early morning.
____
Hinata did not know why but she felt like the Daimyo was hiding something. She was proved right when she woke in the early morning by a choking sound.

It turned out to be the sound produced as a result of Sasuke slitting someone's throat. It was Jen, Hinata realized on further inspection.

"Sasuke!" she shrieked at the sight of Jen trying to breathe and making a horrible sound choking on his own blood.

"We're leaving."

"He was someone's betrothed." She shrieked again, feeling hysterical as the light left Jen's eyes and he slumped over.

Sasuke simply wiped his Katana on the sleeve of his shirt. His hands were blood red and it made Hinata sick.

"He came in here trying to kill us." Sasuke informed her, picking up everything that belonged to him.

"He had no reason to do that."

"That's the Daimyo's orders he was executing." Sasuke told her. "Guess it was too good of a chance for them to pass up the Byakugan and Sharingan."

Hinata felt herself trembling. She might just throw-

"Hey, we're leaving." he said harshly. "Act like a fucking Konoichi."

So she did. And they left instantly, covered by the night. But she hadn't witnessed was Sasuke infiltrating the Daimyo's mind using Genjutsu that night.

And he had he gained the intel the Hokage wanted. Along with his intentions to have the two dojutsu
users assasinated.

And now the Daimyo was going to be pretty mad, and since he couldn't kill him...well they should get out of there before he awoke.

_______
Notes: I added to the length of the chapter because my best friend is a whiny pest who likes longer chapters. I have the next chapter ready and will update soon. Updating on the phone is a pain, honestly. Anyways as you saw the mission was really vague but then again, it was an excuse for bonding...err or at least an attempt at bonding.

Tell me what you guys thought of that. Do gimme ur feedback which might motivate me to update faster.