Chapter 7

Thank you so much for all those people who commented and reviewed to the story. Here is the next chapter, as promised. As the site is working again, what better time to update than right now? Enjoy

________

Fresh poison each week

We were born sick

You heard them say it

My church offers no absolution

-Hozier (Take me to church)

________

This was not supposed to be happening.

He cursed in his mind. Those fucking Ninjas had been sent by the Daimyo, no doubt about that. This is why we should have just fucking killed that sniveling rat, Sasuke thought, looking at a comatose Hyuga-Uchiha dammit.

The rogues were taken care of. He'd killed most of them while a few had fled with heavy blood-loss. But the fight had taken it's toll on Hinata, who was collapsed in his arms as of now.

The poison would be spreading in her system already, he realized. He needed to hurry. Konoha was still far. He'd need to search for a medic in the nearest village.

With that thought, Sasuke sped onward, carrying his wife towards a potential healer nearby.

_________

"I need a healer." He said those words to the first person he saw in the village.

"Shinobi." The man exclaimed as he ran off hurriedly. Sasuke's eyebrow twitched. He did not have time for this bullshit.

He grabbed the next man by his collar, possibly scaring the other person shitless. "Healer."

"Medic!" The man exclaimed frightened, pointing towards the main building of the village. He let go of the man.

"You better be right or I'll find you later and kill you and everyone you've ever met." He warned as he took off with Hinata.

The building was-something. Sasuke didn't care at this point. He just needed to get his companion healed so they could go back. The people in the building appeared intimidated by Sasuke.

"Heal her."

No one moved. He closed his eyes and opened them abruptly.

"Now!" He said, more forcefully while red color seeped into his eyes. Everyone set into motion at that little gesture.

Someone took Hinata out of his hold while he took a deep breath, turning off his Sharingan. He didn't trust anyone here so he moved into the room with the medic.

"You go out. I remove shirt." The female medic told him as eloquently as she could in his language. He sighed again.

"No."

"Out. No proper." She tried again.

"She's my wife." He told her with a snarl. "Now you either save her modesty or her life. And i prefer the latter."

Besides, it's not like he'd not seen women and their bodies before. He'd been with a few in the Sound Village. Though he'd never been with Hinata or seen her before.

The medic looked unhappy but she set to work, removing the obi from Hinata's shirt. Sasuke watched the wound on her abdomen, staining the fishnet undershirt red.

He'd tied the wound best as he could over her shirt when he'd removed the poison needles. The medic cleaned her wound before she healed her.

Sasuke didn't care usually, but he noticed how her skin wasn't flawless at her abdomen. There was a very faded scar there. He was reminded of the things about the Pein attack he'd been told. And about how Hinata had been stupid enough to jump into the fray.

She was so stupid. But he could not help but add:

"Make sure it doesn't scar."

________

Hinata felt very lightheaded and tired when she opened her eyes. The room was bare and very small. But it was clean.

She noticed Sasuke sitting in the chairs in front of her bed near the door of the room. He looked tired but still vigilant.

"Sasuke-kun."

His eyes opened at that. He raised his eyebrow at that. Hinata tried to sit up weakly. "How am I-"

"If you think death is getting you out of this marriage, you've got another thing coming." He smirked.

It was the most Hinata had ever heard him say, and the most he'd ever tried to make humor with her. And maybe-just maybe he cared.

So she chuckled weakly. That was all before the tiredness took over once again and she lay back.

______

Notes: So, Yay or nay? Most of you might be expecting a really long story but just a reminder: I'm purposely writing this story as short as possible (unlike the usual stories i write). The development is slow but this is a slow burn so...

Do you guys want a happy ending or not? Give me your opinion.