One

Moving away from London was the best decision of your life. Too many skeletons you needed to get away. And what better than half way across the world.

It all started with a rainy day in New York. You were moving your stuff into the apartment trying not to get wet in the process but it wasn't working.

"Hey do you want some help?". You hear a voice. A mans voice. "You're getting a little wet". He laughs.

You turn around and see the tallest man you think you'd ever seen. Long black hair and the kindest smile. "You don't mind?". He shakes his wet hair picking up a box. "Just the apartment to the left". You watched him as he took boxes into the flat and you couldn't help but think how familiar he looked, you had definitely seen his face before.

"You just moved to New York?", he asks.

"Yeah, I used to live in London but I managed to save enough money to move here, sorry I just can't help looking at you. You seem so familiar". You say as both of you stand in the apartment, you follow him back out the the van and he gets the last box as You lock it up.

"Well I've never met you and I'm pretty sure I'd remember you", he smiles. He looks up and groans taking the box into one hand and placing a hand on your back.

"Adam! Is this your new apartment?". Some people with cameras ran up. "Who's the girl?".

"Sorry Guys can't talk", he says taking you into the apartment. 'Shit that's it. Adam'

"Adam... Uh adam driver?". he nods. "Wow well I bet that's a pain in the ass, paparazzi all the time they're like a rash".

"Yeah", he laughs. "Definitely".

"Well I'm sorry".

"What for?", he asks with a concerned face.

"For the articles in around 30 minutes of people thinking you're moving in with me". You say.

"Don't worry about it, I wanted to help. So London". He changes the subject.

"Yeah. I wanted a new life sick of London. Shit hole". You say and he laughs.

"You have a job?".

"Artist. So.. unemployed". You joke making him smile. "You want a hot drink? Tea?".

"I don't want to be any trouble on your moving day".  He refuses.

"No don't worry about it, I mean you're the only person I know here so I guess if you're gonna leave my life forever after today I'd like today not to be as Lonely". You say unpacking the kettle.

"Way to kill a stereotype". He Jokes.

"The only problem is. It's not a stereotype if it's a fact". you shrug. "What are you doing walking around the streets anyway".

"I was at a meeting".

"New movie?".

"Something else. Just finalised my divorce".

"Ouch. take a seat. I'm sure that's not a fun process", he sits on the chair. "Sorry".

"You don't have to keep apologising for things that aren't your fault".

"Sorry it's a habit". You say. You take his drink over and sit with him. "How are you feeling?".

"You know something. It's been 4 months since somebody asked me that". He looks to me. "Not good. Divorce is a stressful thing, just hoping never to go through it again".

"I bet. Almost makes you want to never fall in love". You sit back.

"Oh no. Falling in love cancels it out definitely". He sits forward.