Chapter 12

Eren Jeager POV

"Eren come on, come on, come on!" Mikasa rushed. 

"Hold on Mikasa, I'm still putting Armins costume on and the others aren't even here yet," I explained.

"But I want to go trick or treating now," She wined. 

"We'll go in just a minute, there will still be plenty of houses to trick or treat at when we leave so just be patient."

"But Eren, I wanna go now!" She said stomping. 

"DU WIRST DICH RUHIG HINSETZEN UND AUF DIE ANDEREN WARTEN ODER GAR NICHT GEHEN, VERSTANDEN!" I yelled in German losing my patience as Mikasa had been throwing a tantrum for over an hour. 

"Ja Sir." She replied and sat down on the couch like I told her too.

"I was starting to wonder when you would lose your patience with her," Levi said. "What'd you tell her?" 

"I told her to sit quietly and wait until the others got here or she wouldn't go trick or treating," I said as I finished putting Armins costume on and held him up on my waist. We waited a little longer before finally, we heard a knock on the door letting us know that everyone was here. "Alright, so we're all gonna stop at the diner before we trick or treat so we can get dinner also Petra and the guys want to see Mikasa and Armin in their costumes," I said and everyone nodded, I told Mikasa she could get up and she was instantly jumping up and down with excitement. I grabbed Armin's diaper bag and grabbed Mikasa's hand and we left all of us splitting into different vehicles to head off to the diner.  

Once we got to the diner Mikasa went to see everyone and got herself spoiled with compliments from the guys and I let Petra hold Armin since she hadn't seen him for a while. "Oh Eren I forgot to tell you, I got hired at the job I applied for today," Levi said as we sat down in the chairs and watched everyone around. 

"That's the bookstore right?" I asked and Levi nodded.

"That's great although I'm still not sure why you put yourself through so much trouble to help me. I probably would've been fine, I do appreciate the help though."

"Eren the first time I met you, you were getting off work at ten-thirty at night and holding a sleeping child while watching your car go up in flames. Also, my uncle is always on business trips and I hardly see him so he didn't have a problem with me moving elsewhere." Levi reminded.

"Ah, you have a point," I admitted before Petra came back over to us with Armin.

"So Eren I know you don't really like working at that convenience store and honestly with how often it gets robbed I don't think like the idea of you working there either, so I was thinking with how busy the diner is lately what if you just worked here every night rather than switching back and forth." Petra offered and I smiled, Petra's been kind of like a mother figure since my mom left. As long as I'm there she makes sure I eat, that I never overwork myself, and she almost always knows if somethings wrong, she helps me with my homework sometimes too since I work on it in the breakroom if it isn't busy. She even offered to let me and the kids move in with her but I declined since I didn't want to be a bother.

"Sure, that sounds like a great idea thanks," I said. 

"Awesome, I'll tell the guys, anyway I have to get back to work but I hope you guy have fun trick or treating and Eren, try to have fun, I know you struggle with that, Levi make sure he isn't just worrying about everything the whole time," Petra said handing Armin back to me and walking off to take some orders. 

"Well she seems nice, how did she know my name though?" Levi asked.

"I've mentioned you a few times."

"Oh really?" He teased 

"Mikasa your food is here come eat please," I said changing the conversation but Levi just smirked. 

After we ate we went to one of the safer neighborhoods in town because I'm paranoid and we started trick or treating well rather Mikasa trick or treated, I held Armins bag, I don't understand why the rest of my friends decided to spend their time doing this when they could be going to a party or haunted house but they seemed to be having fun so I didn't say anything. 

We had been out about an hour and a half when Mikasa looked like she was getting tired, Armin had fallen asleep a while ago although I'm not sure how, we were a noisy group after all. Hanji's house was in this neighborhood so we decided that would be our last stop. That's when things took a turn, apparently, my dear friends had gone behind my back and planned for Erwin to be at Hanji's house and for them to take Mikasa and Armin for the remainder of the night.

It took them about twenty minutes to convince me to leave them but they hadn't even told me why. "Ok. Someone explain why you arranged this, we've already left so it's not like there's any going back." I said almost already regretting leaving Mikasa and Armin.

"Well Eren, Petra said to make sure you have fun, so we are going to the biggest Halloween party in town!" Sasha said starting to get excited. Why do I see this ending badly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 933