Chapter 7: A New Dawn

Almost 3 months ago...I released my first ever fan-fiction story. It didn't get a lot of attention in the early days and that was to be expected. No one is expected to read a story from a creator they've never heard about. But, in late April of 2020, I started writing a massive book called Quantum: The Adventure Begins. I see now that I probably should've postponed the initial release of that book until I finished this story. But as you may have guessed it, excitement got the best of me. I released the prologue right away, not knowing that my schedule would be messed with. To top that, I have a job that I must work 4-5 days of the week and I just cannot make time to write during those hours. Even when I got home, I struggled to make time to write anything. I've been planning this return for a while, but I just couldn't find the time to do so. I was too in depth with Quantum already and work had me tight on time.

I'm done waiting. I would rather postpone Quantum for a few days than let you all sit and wait. It's time for the return of SMG4 Story: A Tale of Mario And Meggy!

Previously, on SMG4 Story: A Tale of Mario And Meggy:

Meggy: ...Please, Glitchy. Please believe us that nothing is going on.  Mario spilled his emotions out, and... I... told him that it might not work between us.
—————————————————————
Bob: I ThInK tHey ArE lYinG tO uS.

SMG4: (looks suspiciously at the couple) Is it just me or am I actually believing Bob for once?
—————————————————————
Saiko: I know for a fact that they are together.

SMG4: I hate to admit it, but yes, they are.
(Talking to self) and they are ruining my channel because of it.

Tari: I definitely want to find out what's really going on with them.
—————————————————————
SMG4: There's only one plate of spaghetti on that table.....and Mario's sharing it with Meggy!
—————————————————————
SMG4: My camera!? Where's my Camera!?

Luigi: Right here, Glitchy!
—————————————————————
Meggy: Phew. That was a close one.

???: A close one, huh?

Meggy whips around to see Desti and her Octoposse standing before them.

Desti: (Snatching photo from Meggy)What do we have here?
—————————————————————
Desti: (laughing) Well, you got them taken care of. Now you'll have to face me again. This time without the help of your stupid luck.

Meggy: (clutches gun, finger on the trigger)

Mario: (Starts revving up Gatling gun)

Desti: (stands still smiling maniacally with her own blaster drawn)
—————————————————————

Now:

Desti stands perfectly still with her blaster pointed directly at the the couple.  Mario and Meggy stood opposite her with their own weapons drawn, ready for a fight.

Desti: So this is what you've become, Meggy. You don't seem like the type to be interested in overweight Italians.

Meggy: I may not look the type, but he's my Italian. I like him, and no one will stop me.