Chapter 9: A New Meggy

Previously, on SMG4 Story: A Tale of Mario And Meggy:

Mario: Meggy, how bad can an idea be? I've known you for, what, Two years now?

Meggy: Just over two years. But this idea is bad.
—————————————————————
Mario: (quietly) Meggy! What are you doing? We're going to get caught!

Meggy: I'm sorry, Red. I don't know what came over me. I just saw this mattress, and...I lost it.
—————————————————————
Meggy: That's good. But before I go any further. I would like to ask you first.

Mario: If it's you...then yes.

Meggy: I'm glad to hear that, Red.
—————————————————————
Mario: What the hell, Glitchy?

SMG4: I can say the same! What the hell are you doing!?

Meggy just looked to the floor in shame and Mario stood between them, infuriated.
—————————————————————
Meggy: We are-

Meggy was cut off as Mario spun her and kissed her on the lips. Everyone in the room gasped.

Bowser: They...they are in a relationship!?
—————————————————————
???: (in a deep, menacing voice) You shall befriend Megan Spletzer.

Desti: (scared) W-W-What...are you?

???: I am nothing more than a hologram of your mind.
—————————————————————
???: The bait is out. The only thing left is to get the girl here, then you can finish it.

The other figure turned its head and spoke to the tall and lanky one.

Francis: (smiling menacingly) ...I will not fail you.
—————————————————————

This chapter takes place 2 months after the Anime Arc.

It has been two months since the war on Anime Island. Meggy is now a human, and Desti, Meggy's rival and new friend, was killed by Sephiroth, a minion created by Francis. Francis was the one behind all he kidnappings because he claimed he wanted an island of waifus for himself, but his plans were overthrown when Mario and friends came in to save the day. They killed all his minions and eventually, him. Peace was returned to the world, but Meggy had difficulties adjusting to her strange new body she was in. She could feel pain more than she used to feel it. Her emotions were much stronger, and her new friend, Desti, was dead. 2019 is almost over, but something new is happening at the castle.

Mario: (entering) What's up, bitches?

SMG4: Oh my god, can you please stop saying that every time you enter the castle?

Luigi: Mario, that's the 15th time today you said that, and it's only 2:00P.M.

Mario: What? I can't have any fun now?

SMG4: (to Luigi) Ever since Meggy stopped showing up to the castle, he's been getting worse every day.

Luigi: No kidding. I just hope that she's okay.

SMG4: Should we actually send someone to check on her?

Luigi: Mario should. He's been waiting for her to come back for almost a week now.

Mario: What should I do now?

SMG4: We think you could blow off some energy by venturing to Inkopolis to see Meggy for some time.

Luigi: Maybe you can convince her to come to the castle for a bit.

Mario: I can certainly try!

Mario dashed out of the castle without a second thought as Luigi calls after him.