My Parents

Dear Folks,

You may not know it and I never told you so, but I appreciate you bringing me into the world. I also wish that I can tell you more that I love you (more often). Somehow, saying these words choke me up and then I feel knotted inside.

I'll never really know all the sacrifices you made for me (and my brothers). Now, as a parent, I can understand better what it is like to put kids first before your own needs.

Of course, it is still not too late to learn from one another and I notice that you are trying to be more sedate and calm in your later years. Good on you.

I am also glad that we have arrived at some type of mutual understanding where we can appreciate each other for who we are and not trying to make the other person into something that he/she is not.

Dad, rest in peace in heaven forever and I think of you often. You were a wonderful Father and I am sad that you are not here to see my kids grow up and that they are missing out on your unique personality.

Mom, keep on doing your thing and I hope that you find the time to finally write your book, etc.

I am making the time to do this and it is refreshing and wondrous. I live for the thrill of seeing my creative juices flow and I know that I derive this creative streak from you.

Love,

Your son

Eric