Dear Ex...

Exactly!

How many times did I keep my mouth zipped closed when you could not tell me how you felt about me?

Many times did I suffer in silence. Could my bones feel like they were being crushed anymore by the overwhelming sorrow and heaviness inside?

Fondness is what you were able to tell, though this paltry expression did little to sate.

Fire in my belly and longing for you rarely received its due, you know this to be true. Did I love you for being you...exactly!

I saved up my fear of losing you. I turned it into dreams. Then when we were alone, my fear came out and I could not bear to tell you the truth; that I longed for your love.

Over and over, I felt betrayed, as if you had turned away. I took you away for fun and to play, but that was not near enough to keep fear at bay. 'Cause you were scared too.

I am sorry for not communicating more honestly back then and sorry that I hung on to you, for so long. I should have come out and spoke about my heart feeling broke, unloaded my grief, though our fling would have been brief.

I could have saved us from those friendly times and these chintzy rhymes, some hard words that finally came to mind. I only wanted the best for you and the rest, I couldn't quit us since I wanted us...

to share one heart.