Chapter 45 "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Chapter 45: "Fifty Shades of Grey."

"Cassie, calm down."

I had pulled Julian immediately in front of me after the gross creature had attacked me. Lucas had doubled over laughing at the slober that was running down my arm.

"Get this nasty thing away from here!" I said behind Julian as he started petting the dog. I hadn't realized I still had a hand on his arm. Quickly, I let go, feeling weird.

"Don't call Sandy nasty!" David said looking offended. "She's a purebreed!" I just threw him a glare and put my arm under the tap in the sink, letting water run down my arm. My eyes were feeling slightly itchy.

"She's such a good dog," Julian said as he kneeled down to play with the animal.

"Why the hell did you bring her to the kitchen?!" I asked David with an outraged look. "What if it has rabies?"

All of the three boys stared at me. "Typical, Evans," Lucas said. "The dog looks pretty clean to me." He also made a move to go pet the dog.

"Get out," I said.

"Sandy, you're ignoring Sandy?" David grinned. "You and my dog have so many things in common: name, gender, and sometimes attitude!" I rolled my eyes at my brother's friend.

"Nah. Your Sandy is much nicer, bro," Lucas told David.

"True. However, I cannot marry this Sandy. I'm marrying the human one," David said casually. He gave me wink and a smile. The boys in front of me with the dog were now looking between us.

"My brother's right out there, you know," I told him. This behavior was normal for David, still I didn't appreciate it. "Jimmy!" I shouted loudly.

"I'm just messing around," David said quickly. Julian laughed at David's face which actually looked a little worried.

"I'm not. Leave me alone. Actually, all of y— my cookies!" The goddamn dog was trying to eat up the cookies. It's front legs were propped up using the counter as it tried to get the cookies from the cooling rack. I didn't know what to do because I didn't want to touch the dog. I kept looking at my epidermis which was breaking out.

"They're burned," Lucas pointed out.

"So? I've spent so much time on them!" Plus, they contained special ingredients inside the chocolate.

Julian pulled the dog away from the cookies for the sake of my special dessert. Jimmy came in just in time.

"What's up?" my brother asked me.

"What kind of an older brother are you?" I demanded. Jimmy gave me a confused look. "You don't leave your seventeen year old sister in the kitchen with three guys around her age."

"Wow, Evans. Really?" Lucas said rolling her eyes.

"Did they do anything to you?" asked Jimmy, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, Lucas tried to chop off my finger." That earned me a look of disbelief from Lucas. "David brought the damn dog which I am allergic to." I rubbed my eyes and then pointed to my arm. "As for Julian . . . he has already done too much, so he can't afford to do anything wrong."

"Sandy, you're allergic to Sandy?" David said looking genuinely surprised. Julian and Lucas were looking at me with similar expressions.

Jimmy threw them all glares and pulled the dog away. "Didn't I tell you to leave it in the car?" Jimmy asked his friend.

"They wanted to see it," David said defensively, blaming Lucas and Julian.

"All three of you get out," Jimmy said to the guys. "I'll send Gramma in, Sandy, for the medicine and stuff."