2. Message

I woke up on my messy bed. The snacks I ate were still here. The TV was still open. It seems like I slept while the Peter Pan movie was playing.

"I missed the fun part!" I murmured while my eyes were swollen. My hair is extremely messy and has crumbs on it. From the popcorn that I was eating last night.

I fixed my bed and threw every trash in my trash bin. I went to the bathroom to take a bath and get ready for school.

"Ugh! I missed spring break." 

Then I heard my brother, Jessy knocking on my door, "Jane! Wake up! I'll drop you off at school! Be fast please!" He uttered.

"Okay! Okay! I'm awake!" I chirped. I hate it when they knock on my door so aggressively. I'm not even a heavy sleeper.

After I took a shower, I got dressed and tied my hair into a ponytail. I'm wearing a gray sweater, a pair of blue jeans and a pair of brown boots. I wore the silver necklace with a heart pendant that my parents gave me last Christmas 2 years ago. I thought it's my lucky charm ever since.

I went inside the car where Jessy was waiting. "What took you so long? You'll be late for school."

"No I'm not. It's just 6:30 am. The class starts at eight" I rolled my eyes and tilted my head sideways. He's so bossy and hysterical.

After 20 minutes we arrived at school. It's cold though. I observed my surroundings. Addie's right, there are a lot of Asians that go here.

****

LUNCHTIME

I sat beside Addie and her boyfriend. They're busy talking about Addie's incoming debut. I'm kind of spacing out because she's wrapped around her boyfriend's chest.

"I asked for Jane's help. She's so good at designing parties. She told me she had organized every occasion of their family and relatives in the Philippines. I saw the pictures and it was soooo good." She said while smiling and flirting with her boyfriend.

"Hey! What do we have here?"

I heard someone's voice. A familiar voice that I don't want to hear until I get over with the scenario yesterday.

I didn't dare to look back. I knew it was Justin. I just continued what I was doing which is eating. Until Addie spoke...

"Hey Justin! You should sit beside Janie." And she looked at me with a snigger.

"Yeah sure!" He told them with his deep sweet voice. It was like music to my ears. I think I'm melting. He sat next to me and put his arms on the table facing me.

"What are you doing?" I looked at him with confusion written all over my face. It was SO AWKWARD. Looking at his handsome face gives me butterflies.

"Nothing." He said and smiled.

I blinked two times before I spoke. "Don't you want to eat? I mean, aren't you hungry?"

"Why? Cause you care for me?" He said with a smirk. Addie and Chris heard him and looked at us smiling.

What? Yes, I mean OF COURSE not! Well, maybe...

"Justin, don't make her blush. She'll find it hard to sleep" Then they laughed.

Am I blushing? Oh great. Just great.

"I am not." I glared at Chris. I looked at him with my shut-up-or-ill-kick-your-ass look. His face looked threatened.

I feel so powerful.ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)ᕗ