3. Hash Brown

I decided to tell Addie about the baby, I mean, the secret admirer.

"What? Oh my gosh that's so cute, Janie! Uhh, I am so proud of you." she hugged me as if I did something that needs an award.

I pulled back, "Yeah, but, *sigh*, I don't know if it's really for me though."

"What do you mean?"

"What if it was for you? Or for someone else. He just got the wrong number."

"I can assure you, it is for you." then she winked.

I just stare at the last message that the guy sent me. I'm kind of flattered thinking that someone is crazy enough to have a crush on me. Back in my hometown, nobody dares to have a crush on me. I don't know why but maybe I was too ugly.

Stop assuming, you still aren't sure if it was really for you.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when some demon suddenly grabbed my phone from my hand. As if it was snatched or something. That's traumatic, you know? I looked behind me and there he is, reading the message: out loud.

"Oooh, somebody's got an admirer." he teases.

"Give it back!" I tried to reach his hand which was lifted in the air.

The heck? He was more than six feet tall and I am five feet. He's too tall I can never reach that.

"Do you know who was it?" he said as I continue jumping and flapping. He was just grinning.

What a bitch.

"I don't know. Are you blind? he said he's a babe-- Ugh! secret a-admirer." I said. I'm running out of air. I need to breathe. I stopped jumping for a while and tried to catch my breath. And continue to jump. "Stop being annoying, Justin!" I held his right shoulder with my left to support me from jumping higher. "Give it back, you evil creature! Or else I--" he cuts me off. I stopped moving and just looked in his green eyes.

"Or else what? you'll kiss me?" he grinned.

I didn't answer. I feel like I was being hypnotized by his eyes. It's so beautiful. As he looks at me by the time, his iris is getting bigger. I want to know more about him. It's like he's hiding something behind those captivating eyes.

He held my chin and closed my mouth, "You're drooling, babe. Here's your phone." he smirks.

I didn't know my mouth was open. Keep humiliating yourself, Jane! Great talent.

"Asshole." I murmured.

"What?"

"What? I said hash brown. Ugh! I'm craving for hash brown, right Addie?" I looked at her with my bitch-say-something-or-i-die look.

It doesn't sound alike but at least the syllables are the same.

"Oh yeah. It's her, Uhm, favorite, yeah." Addie stammered.

I came to my seat and grabbed my bag and decided to walk out of the cafeteria. I would not go to this place anymore. Any embarrassing moment happens here.

"Where are you going?" Addie yelled.

"Restroom," I answered.

I texted Addie to not wait for me and we'll just meet at our next class. I entered the ladies' restroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair looked like it was blown by a helicopter. Sweat all over my temples and hairline. My lips were dry and pale.

Haggard as always.

I pick out my hairbrush from my bag and fixed my hair into a ponytail. I wiped all the sweats and specks of dirt all over my face using my handkerchief and wet wipes--- for the face of course. I put powder and lip tint. Then I put back my glasses.