8. Run Away

JANE'S POV

Thomas picked me up today. He said he wanted to take me out on an early date.

I thought an early date was because we were just two weeks hanging out and too soon to have a serious exclusive date or whatsoever.

Didn't know that it was literally early.

"Where are we going? It's too early." I yawn and rubbed my eyes.

"Running away."

"What?!" I uttered.

"Just kidding! We're just going to have breakfast together." He chortled.

That's cute.

"I don't eat breakfast during weekdays."

"I know. You love caramel macchiato, right?" He asked.

I nodded.

"That's what I bought." he showed me the two cups of coffee beside him. Between us.

I smiled. Glad he remembers.

"Where are we going then?"

"You'll see." he smiled, he licked and bit his lower lip then he winked.

I'm melting. My heart.

We finally arrived at the San Bruno Mountain. I haven't been here.

Obviously, coz I just moved here.

Which perfectly has the full view of the city of California. Just in time for the sun to come up.

My face lit up from what I saw. I feel the fresh breeze of nature passing through my face as if I was an awakened soul.

"Like it?" he asked as he handed me my favorite breakfast.

"Love it," I answered truthfully. I gave him a genuine smile.

"You know, I've never done this to a girl I liked before." he randomly brought up.

"And that makes me?"

"Special," he returned in no second. He then smiled at me and looked at the sun; still in the process of rising up.

I felt my face getting warm. I've never been treated like this before. Especially with a guy like him-- popular, good-looking, athletic, admired by everyone.

I'm starting to think that this is a joke.

You might be saying why not enjoy while it lasts?

But what if in the midst of enjoying a thing what I called a joke, you suddenly fall for the joker.

That would be fun.

Joke.

"Are you sure about how you feel?" I asked.

"Definitely," he stated as he sips his drink.

"How'd you know me by the way?"

"You've been hanging out with me for more than a week, and you decided to ask me that just now?" he chortled.

"I know. I'm just curious. I've seen some girls that suit you even better. That flirted with you. And almost all of them are hot, dude. Why settle for less?" I laughed out of I don't know. I think the idea of a guy going out with a nerdy-nobody like me makes me laugh. It hurts though.

"I can settle for less." He said with a grin, "but I'm ready for more."

That testimony made my eyes widened. I looked at him and caught him staring at me.