Chapter Three

"I need some sort of truck or Jeep even," Blake explained to the man who rented out cars. "Do you have anything?"

"Ah! Yes," he pointed to the Jeep. "One."

"Great! I'll take that," Blake paid the man, who took her back to the Jeep. As she loaded her things into the car, she noticed the couple coming right for her. She had to keep it cool, one way or another, she had to get rid of them. Securing the notebook on the back of her pants, Blake covered it. "Hi!"

They started speaking a language she did not understand. Must have been Arabic or some sort of Islamic language, Blake was never good at figuring them out.

The woman shoved Blake against the Jeep, yelling at her. More confused than terrified, Blake watched as the man began digging through her backpack. That's when Blake screamed at him. The man ignored her scream but when Blake threw him to the ground, the man seemed to understand that she knew what they were after.

Standing up, the man was about to apprehend her when a familiar voice called out to them. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the red haired man coming right for them.

"Get away from her," he yelled as the man went over to confront him. Blake shoved the woman away, grabbing her backpack. Hopping into the Jeep, Blake drove away from there. She didn't care if she left the red haired man, she needed to leave.

Blake kept looking back at the car that the couple was driving as they pursued her. There wasn't exactly objects she could use to hide behind to loose them. Everything that was out in front of her was desert. Nothing else. Deep in thought, Blake barely heard a loud grunt come from the back of the Jeep. It wasn't until the red haired man appeared in her rear view mirror is when she noticed him.

"I can't believe you left me back there!"

"Was I suppose to give you a ride?!"

"I saved your life! I think it was the least you could do," he pulled himself up onto the back of the Jeep. He glanced back at the trailing car. "You some sort of spy? Why do you have them following you?"

"Are you some sort of hitchhiker? I never recalled pulling over," Blake snapped as she saw the woman sticking her head out of the window. "What is she doing?"

"I'm not helping you with that attitude," he crossed his arms. Blake flashed him an angry glare before trying to see for herself. The distinctive sound of a gunshot made it pretty obvious what she was doing. "You are a spy! Admit it!"

"Will you shut up," Blake turned rapidly. "I need to loose these guys!"

"What's your grand plan?"

"The car manufacturers made a new feature to their cars from 2008 and up... the car has a weak spot. If you hit it, it can stop them from moving."

"You really planning on giving me a lecture or you going to tell me what to shoot?"

"If you hit the headlights, the car's airbags shoot out. Aim for the- wait, what are you going to shoot it with?!"

"You come to Africa and you don't bring a gun? What's wrong with you?"

"No! I don't carry guns! That's why," Blake scoffed as the man laid on his stomach, looking at the car behind them. "Don't hurt them!"

"I wasn't planning too! Let me focus," he yelled. Blake jerked to the right, avoiding a mound of sand. "HEY! KEEP IT STILL!"

It took him one shot. That's all it took him to hit the headlight and force the couple to stop when the airbags exploded inside. Blake looked back at him as he hopped onto the passenger seat.