Chapter Eight

"This is a power play Abigail," Rowan leaned back in his chair. "I can smell it. Who accuses the P.M like that?"

"Looks can be deceiving Rowan. Perhaps the P.M is hiding things... we don't know what goes on in politics."

"That's what he wants us to think. I've met the P.M, I'm even surprised he is a P.M. He's too soft for it."

"Rowan," Abigail crossed her arms, looking down at her boyfriend. He was deep in thought staring at the television as everyone else was. His phone rang in which he answered. The expression on his face made her curious, even more when he set the phone down, pulling her for the Editor's office.

"I'm a bit busy," Elenor replied as she looked up from her files. Rowan shut the door, bringing down the blinds again.

"Rowan?"

"Line Three," he pointed as Elenor hit the speaker. "Blake? Blake, you still there?"

"Yes! Rowan, I just heard about Derrick accusing the Prime Minister. It's a power play Rowan. He's after both the money for the oil and the position. The money part is still questionable but it's my hunch. He must have some sort of oil reserve we don't know about, why else would he be so-."

"He does have an oil reserve," Rowan clarified. "I found out not too long ago. Which explains the money part."

The voice of the woman over the phone sure did perk up both Abigail and Elenor.

"God. Rowan... he does have the formula."

"What," the three of them harmonized.

"Not completed, I happened to keep two pages from it so he doesn't have all of it but he does have it. I had a bit of a run in with a man. I still have the notebook and I'm on my way to Wyoming with the Professor and his wife. We made Derrick's men believe we were dead before reaching the Professor's house."

"Look Blake, things will only get worse if that Professor can't get those formulas to work first," Abigail joined in. "You need to get back here as soon as you can with it."

"We'll try our best. Stay safe you guys."

"You too Blake," Rowan hung up, watching Elenor run her hand over her mouth. She leaned back in her chair, breathing hard.

"Why," Elenor leaned forward. "Why did Blake say, we, when she said that they had managed to fool Derrick's henchmen into thinking they were dead, before reaching the Professor and his wife? I thought Blake was alone."
Both Rowan and Abigail were at a cross, looking at each other without an answer.

The only answers they were getting were the half baked proposals given by the parliament regarding the oil crisis. Rowan and Abigail were standing at the press conference, trying to get a word on Derrick personally this time.

"I see him," Rowan nodded. "I'm going to try to get an interview with him."

"Okay, go," Abigail patted his shoulder as he left her. Abigail observed a younger woman leave Derrick's side, in direction to the parking lot. "Well, hello. Where are you going?"

Abigail decided to follow this woman all the way out into the country side, right for a warehouse. She parked her car out in the bushes, slowly making her way for the large building. It looked like some sort of industry but there wasn't a sign stating what it was. There were several people working but there seemed to be more guards.

"What are you hiding," Abigail whispered as she crept into the building unnoticed. So much for more security. "What is this place?"

It smelled like oil. That was the very first thing that she smelled. Making her way for the office, Abigail searched the files. There was two in particular she found interesting. One about tankers and the other about H&X oil. The tankers stated hundreds of thousands of liters of oil being shipped and yet H&X seemed to be getting a larger quantity of it. Was H&X behind the facility she was standing on? Maybe Derrick and Xavier had cut some sort of deal? No... Derrick was too greedy for deals. This must be his own oil reserve. Funny for it to be so out into the country.