Chapter 5

~Hazel~

Anger. That is the only emotion that i am feeling right now. I really liked Michael. As soon as i saw him, i felt like that. It was one of those rare moments when you have an instant connection. I knew he felt it, he had to. I don't think he would have volunteered to carry me, getting blood all over himself if he didn't. He had to...

We were walking down the street, making sure there was no one out there who wanted to kill us. That list was very long, and i have no doubt my classmates would come for us. I wasn't scared, they do not scare me. They think they do, and i let them think that, but it lures them into a safe spot. Once they some for us, they will be killed. It is not my fault that they are stupid enough to believe I would be afraid of them.

It was a while before we saw anyone. We were just ending hour three, and that meant the action was going to really start up soon. I saw a man standing over a body, looking for weapons to take for self defense. A sick feeling in my stomach stopped me. Is that what I look like? I thought to myself, trying to say it wasn't so. I don't care! I came out to do something, and if that man gets in our way, i feel really sorry for him.

I tried my best to avoid confrontation, to prove to my group that I am not a vicious killer. I did all i could ,take back roads, go through Alleys, but this guy wanted a fight, so i was going to give him one. I tried my best, i really did.

"Just stay back. We need to move, and this guy wants a fight. If you guys don't want to see what a murderer does, i suggest you turn away. Unless you want to see him chopped up like that guy a few hours ago." I growled narrowing my eyes at Michael. He turned his head to avoid my gaze, but didn't turn around.

"Here, let me help." Scarlette said stepping from the back. I rolled my eyes, and shook my head.

"Just stay with the guys." I growled again, leaving her behind. I always thought Scar and I would be best friends until we died, but I guess she didn't want that. I wasn't upset, in fact, i really didn't care.

I walked over to the man, who seemed to have a wild look in his eyes. My stare was hard, trying to intimidate him. I noticed a gun in his hand, and it was a good idea i had put on in my belt buckle because i would have lost if i used my knives.

"Sir, we don't have to do this!" I shouted to him. He looked like an elderly man, and he had tears down his face. "What happened?" I asked stepping closer. I probably should have been more in killer mode, but this man didn't want to kill.

"That man. He killed my daughter. She came out, said this was going to be the year she finally could Purge her bully at school. But...but the bully go to her first." he said, the cold air sending his words to me.

"What did he look like?" I asked curiously, i may have knew him.

"He was tall, had dark hair. His face was painted like a raccoon. All white, with black eyes. He was wearing black jeans, and a black sweater. That man, he is awful." The man said throwing his gun at a wall, and running away from me. Before He left, i shouted to him one last time,

"Sir! I will find him! And I will show him what he did to her!" Everyone in my group came running towards me. I held my hands out and told them to stop. "We are looking for a man with a white face and black circles. He is tall, dark hair, and is wearing black jeans with a black sweater. He killed that man's daughter. That man bullied her all year. That man, needs to pay for what he did." I said anger boiling inside me.