✯The break: day 1✯

8:00am
My mom had just left for work and school ended at 2pm, so I was going to be home alone for at least 7 hours.
I started my day off by taking a shower and doing my morning routine. I decided to be healthy today.
That's a first.
I put on black lululemon leggings and a sports bra.
I went downstairs and literally had to google what healthy food to eat. I ended up eating a fruit salad with some Greek yogurt on the side.
After that, I went on a 20 minute run. I felt pretty good about myself! When I passed Kairi's house, I noticed his car was still there.. was he home?
I knocked on his door.
No one answered.
I knocked again.
"Come in!" I heard a voice say from inside his house.

When I walked in, I saw Kairi chugging down Vodka straight from the bottle.
"Umm Kai, what the fuck?!" I asked.
He wobbled over to me kinda slowly. It made me want to laugh but I had to be the bigger person. He put his arms around me and hugged me, still holding the Vodka bottle.
"Hey Maria! Why are you only in a bra while outside? Isn't there like.. a tsunami out there?"He said, with a concerned look on his face.

Ok, I had to laugh.

I started laughing hysterically and then he kissed me, trying to shut me up. At first, I kissed him back but then I pulled away.
"Kairi.. you only did that because you were drunk" I told him.
"Why can't you see I like you?" He blurted out.

I just stared at him. I was so confused. Why was he saying this to me? What am I thinking?! He's just drunk lol.

"Maria, I might just seem drunk, but I do like you. I can even tell you that when I'm sober" he said.

Ok now I'm fucking confused.

"Umm.. maybe I should go" I said walking towards the door. But then I realized how drunk Kairi was, I couldn't just leave him there alone. So I stayed.

1:40pm
I woke up in someone's room in someone's bed. Where the fuck was I? Why did I feel hungover? Was I drinking? I rubbed my eyes. Wait.. I was in Kai's room. Why was I in his house?
omg...

DID I SLEEP WITH KAIRI CESENTINO?!?!

"Hey sleepy head" he said. He was only in trousers.
I sat there confused. I still don't get why I'm here.
"How did I get here?" I asked him.
"Oh yeah, you knocked on my door and I was drunk and confessed my feelings to you and you got drunk and threw up on your clothes so I gave you something to change into. Then you passed out and I got sober so I put you on my bed." He said.

Phew! I didn't sleep with Kairi.

"Oh, so where are my clothes?" I asked.
"There in the dryer. I was wondering if you wanted to grab something to eat at TacoBell? I don't know how to cook certain things so.." he said.
"Ok sure, are you ready now?" I asked.
"Yea, I guess" he said. He put on a hoodie and grabbed his car keys off his night stand.
I got up from his bed and I noticed I was in one of his favorite hoodies and his black Nike sweatpants. We got into his car and we drove to TacoBell. (Me and Mattia's favorite fast-food place). The whole car ride was silent. He kinda told me he liked me and it was awkward not gonna lie..
We walked inside and I ordered 2 tacos and a Baja blast. Kai ordered the same as me. I tried to pay but he insisted on paying for me, so there was no need in fighting.
When we sat down, I saw Alejandro and Mattia walk in. How did I forget? The group always went to TacoBell after school. No wonder they were here!

They ordered their food and started looking for somewhere to sit. Mattia spotted us and walked over. Mattia gave me a big hug.
"How are you doing?" He asked me.
"I'm doing.. better" I said slowly.

Ale sat next to Kai, and Mattia sat next to me on the inside of the booth.
"So, what are you doing here with Kairi?" Alejandro asked me.
"Oh he was home and I went to his house so we got food" I blurted out.
I didn't want Kairi saying anything about falling asleep in his bed because they would've taken it the wrong way.. They didn't seem to buy it though. How did they always know when I was lying?
"right.. What actually happened Kairi." Mattia asked.
I knew he was gonna tell them everything. I sighed and put my head down on the table.
While Kairi was telling them what happened, Mattia started rubbing my back. Was he not mad at me? I put my head on his shoulder and he smiled, but he was still paying attention to Kairi. When Kairi finished telling them, you could tell Mattia was pissed at Kairi for kissing and liking me..
There was an awkward silence at our table.
"Uh how are your tacos?" Ale asked me.
"Oh, there...good" I said.
Mattia had his arm around me still and was just glaring at Kairi.
"Bro, why are you looking at me like that?" Kai finally said.
"Because, I told you I like Maria so back the fuck off before I beat your ass" Mattia said.
"Do it pussy," Kairi said, getting closer to Mattia.

Before he could do anything, I grabbed Mattia's hand and pulled him out of there. We both got into his car. We sat there for a while, and then he started driving. We got to his house and we sat on the couch in silence.

6:50pm
We were both still silent on our phones. I checked the time and my mom was coming home in 10 minutes, so I probably had to go back to my house.
"Well, we've been sitting like this for like 3 hours so I'm gonna leave. It's getting kinda awkward and-" I was saying but then he interrupted me by grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him. He started kissing me softly and I kissed him back.
He started to kiss down my neck leaving little hickeys.
"I have to go Mattia, my mom just got home" I interrupted.
"Oh ok. I'm sorry" he said letting go of me.
"It's ok don't apologize" I told him getting up.
"I like Kairi's clothes on you" he said sarcastically, hugging me with one arm.
"I threw up on mine, remember?" I snapped back.
I left and walked over to my house.

I eventually went to bed and I thought about Mattia and Kairi the whole time. Why me?

(I know this chapter is long lmfao!! Do you guys like long or short chapters more?? Are you team Mairi or team Martia? Lmk!!💖)