My Mountain

(Amelia's POV)

It has been about two weeks since the big fight between Link and his father. Eric keeps calling, but Link just denies the call. I am a little worried about Link because he has been really quiet and kind of distant since that fight. I have been giving him space, but I don't know if I should keep doing that.

It's not like he has gone completely silent, but he laughs less. When we were planning the wedding we decided not to have sex for a month before the wedding. I doubt that even if we hadn't made that decision that we would be having sex right now. I decided that today was the day that I am going to talk to him.

He was sitting on the couch with Scout asleep on his chest, watching some baseball. I went to go sit by him and he flashed me a smile. He adjusted Scout so he could put an arm around me and I cuddled into his chest. The even beating of his heart and breathing calmed me.

Amelia- "I've missed this. I feel like things have been a little weird between us since a few weeks ago."

He took a deep breath in and released it slowly.

Link- "Yeah I know. And I'm sorry if I have been kind of distant. I just needed some time to process. I'm not angry. I think I have processed it and I still feel as confident in my decision as I did when I made it. Protecting you and Scout is my priority."

I started tearing up because I have been holding in so much stress and worry that it feels good for everything to be alright. More tears keep falling and Link holds me tightly to him as I cry into his chest.

Link- "It's okay. Just let it all out. Everything is going to be fine. We will get married. This is a bump in the road we didn't expect, but we are dealing with it."

Amelia- "I just hate what's happening. I feel like ever since you met me all you have been doing is compromising to make me happy, and I hate it. I don't want you to feel trapped."

Link- "I don't feel trapped. Any compromise I have made was because I felt like it was the right decision. I am so happy that I got the chance to be a father and a husband. I love you and Scout and that won't change. My goal in life is to give you and Scout the life you deserve. And while doing that I get the life I deserve too. I love you, Amelia. That won't change. No matter who stands in our way."

I pick up my head and look Link in the eye. He is perfectly calm. He always is. He will always be my big, calm mountain.

Amelia- "I love you too."

I give him a small, reassuring kiss. I love my family. And I can't believe we only have two more weeks until we get married.

---

Authors Note

This is just a cute little story while I am writing a longer one. The longer one will more than likely be up today. I'm sorry my writing has been subpar. I would love some feedback though. Or if you want to see anything. Just tell me and I will take it into suggestion!